Recent content by Stonewall

  1. S

    THR Stonewall’s shiny new hip

    Honestly... it’s the strangest thing!!
  2. S

    THR Stonewall’s shiny new hip

    That’s good to know @Layla! My in home PT talked about it when I was on the walker... it’s so odd to me that I can literally just hold my cane and have virtually no limp, but as soon as the cane is gone, the limp comes back. Oh, balance, where have you gone?!?!
  3. S

    THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

    So glad you are doing well! I hear you on being bored! But we got to go out and have some fun this past weekend, so now I’m placated for awhile! I actually should be cleaning my house right now, but putting it off. I’m glad they aren’t forcing you to go to PT... I start outpatient PT...
  4. S

    THR Stonewall’s shiny new hip

    Wow, it’s been awhile since I last updated. Time sure flies! It’s been 4 weeks today since surgery. So far, so good... I had noticed continued improvement in my mobility, then hit a plateau last week. Now, improving again! I get impatient about wanting to ditch the cane and I can walk unaided...
  5. S

    THR BoyMom in recovery!

    @BoyMom I’m about right where you are! Doing great... love my in home PT. I actually feel better after she comes to work with me. It was our last session today though, so I’m going to miss her terribly. I’ve taken a few unaided steps, but walking very well with a cane. My muscles are just...
  6. S

    THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

    @Susan209 It WILL get better!!! I was exactly where you were a week ago... not nearly as nauseous BUT those darn blood pressure issues were present non the less. Now, a week later, I’m off the walker with very minimal pain (it’s muscular at this point) and feeling like a million dollars. I’m...
  7. S

    THR Stonewall’s shiny new hip

    Sooooo, so far so good. I still can’t believe how much progress I’ve made in the last few days even. Still very little pain in the hip (maybe 1-2) and the majority of the pain is actually my quad giving me fits. My IT band is tight, but not bad. The quad is lumpy and still hurts so my PT has...
  8. S

    THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

    I hope you feel better soon! I’m feeling great after a little over a week. The blood pressure issue is so frustrating... just when you want to get up and moving, the BP says to stay down. Mine finally normalized today, although I haven’t felt nauseous or dizzy in a about a week. Funny how the...
  9. S

    THR Susan209 - not new, but improved

    :happydance:Good luck! And best wishes for a smooth procedure and recovery!
  10. S

    THR Stonewall’s shiny new hip

    Thanks everyone! So my approach was more posterior- lateral instead of direct lateral and starting last night, my IT band is very sore! Anyone else have this issue? The swelling in my buttocks and around the hip seems to be getting better, however my thigh is still rather swollen. And that IT...
  11. S

    THR Stonewall’s shiny new hip

    Getting better every day. It really is a miracle that so much progress can be made in such a short time. My blood pressure issues while up seem to be resolved. Thank goodness! The last two mornings, I’ve gotten my own bagel and made my own coffee so things are looking up! One thing I’ve...
  12. S

    Not-as-terrified spouse post-op

    Happy recovery @Mrs. Vexil! I wasn’t too painful after my first PT session... but I have it in the back of my head to speak up if things get too tough. I would have never known to do that if it wasn’t for this forum. I had the terrible shakes as well... nothing like not being able to control...
  13. S

    THR Stonewall’s shiny new hip

    Thanks @Gretel and @Layla. Yes, I do have someone home with me. Thank goodness! My shower this am went well, no issues, but visiting nurse said that I still have really low BP which should resolve itself in a couple of days. Here’s to looking onward and upward!
  14. S

    THR Stonewall’s shiny new hip

    Hello all! LTHR lateral approach on Mon 11/6. Went home yesterday afternoon. Since my surgery was later in the afternoon on Monday, PT didn’t get me up at all after surgery on Monday evening. I was able to get up and walking yesterday morning, however, it was cut a little short by a low blood...
  15. S

    THR BoyMom in recovery!

    Congrats to you! I hope all continues to go well with you... prayers for quick healing for all our Nov 6 hippies!
Back
Top Bottom