THR Stonewall’s shiny new hip

That’s good to know @Layla! My in home PT talked about it when I was on the walker... it’s so odd to me that I can literally just hold my cane and have virtually no limp, but as soon as the cane is gone, the limp comes back. Oh, balance, where have you gone?!?!
 
Hey @Stonewall
Glad you're on the healing train.
Haven't checked in with you as if late and wanted to say hope today is a Good Day:hi:
 
Hi @Stonewall I've noticed the same with myself. Cane = no limp, lovely gait (or so I have been told), no cane = I waddle like a penguin. So I'm just sticking with the cane for now. I'm sure it will resolve itself eventually.
 
Use whatever it takes. I ordered a lovely blue cane when my left hip started going. Figured if I was going to use them, i’d rock ‘em. May order a new one for next surgery!
 
I was much the same way - I think that the process of holding the cane just reminds you to be more deliberate with your actions.
 
I have resigned myself to the fact that I am virtually going to have to learn to walk again after I get my new hips so much has been messed up by the bad hips.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom