Recent content by Stompy63

  1. S

    TKR Day 7

    Physio just rung to see how I am getting on. Mentioned the soreness on the back of the knee and she has suggested to rest for 48 hours elevating and icing and not to walk much either then to try exercises again so will see how it goes. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  2. S

    TKR Day 7

    Just entered week 5, I can bend my knee to at least 90 degrees if not a bit more which is good. It's the extension I am having trouble with as my physio says my knee does not lay flat enough when laid out, there is a gap between my knee and what I lay on. I have been doing more extension...
  3. S

    TKR Day 7

    Yes Always take meds at Least an hour before bed and some during night. It is not so much pain as like restless leg syndrome and tiight, no matter where I put leg it is not happy. Today no pain but still taken pain meds as just about to go to bed. Still me and my cryocuff are best friends which...
  4. S

    TKR Day 7

    Now in week 3. Pain during day much better but then I am always elevating and icing. I am addicted to my cryocuff as it helps with the pain so much. Still do some exercises but not as many. The bend in my knee is doing well, just struggle to sit on chair and push it backwards to get a bend...
  5. S

    TKR Day 7

    Taken all advice on board. Slowed exercises down and walking too. Keeping elevated and iced both front and back of knee as much as possible. Slept better last night spent whole night in bed for a change, still got up to stretch out and a walk round but actually went back to sleep for a change...
  6. S

    TKR Day 7

    Good question no haven't iced the back off my knee as have been using the cuff so maybe a good idea then to turn the cuff around to get the cold onto the back of my knee? Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  7. S

    TKR Day 7

    New pillow helped a bit but I still had to get up in night as I still get that tight pain at back of knee. I had a walk round then ended up on sofa so I could keep icing it which helped. Why is it so impossible to have two good days in a row. Night before last was good so was yesterday then...
  8. S

    TKR Day 7

    Got co-codamol yesterday and I slept better last night. Managed mostly in bed apart from a couple of hours when I needed to ice it. My cushion has just arrived so now laid on sofa with legs raised, got the curvy one. Will use in bed tonight and hope its better than the cushions I have been...
  9. S

    TKR Day 7

    I do one session of exercises three times a day which consist of seven reps of each set of different exercise I mentioned yesterday with a rest between each type and then finish for a couple of hours before I do them again and I do these three times a day. Hope this makes a bit more sense now...
  10. S

    TKR Day 7

    Forgot to say I can also walk for 15-20 mins before need to sit down and ice my knee.
  11. S

    TKR Day 7

    Hi Josephine Pain right now is around 7, throbbing,aching, still quite stiff, Currently taking paracetamol and ibruprofen, took stronger meds including codeine in hospital Have a cryocruff which I use for 30 mins and 30mins intervals Elevate whenever I can and sleep with leg elevated as...
  12. S

    TKR Day 7

    Day 9 now and improving. Having elevated all day and night yesterday I can now see the bones in my foot. Nearly back to normal. Even got used to sleeping on sofa now. Main thing now to work on is to gradually increase the degree of bend as that is what is the hardest and hurts the most. The pain...
  13. S

    TKR Day 7

    Feeling better today. Pain slightly better. Walked outside again today and done exercises which are definitely improving so feeling less depressed and more optimistic. Think I was at a low ebb yesterday and had had problems with wound leaking which has just about stopped now. Staggering pain...
  14. S

    TKR Day 7

    Thanks everyone. Maybe I am being impatient not one for being defeated. Expectations were higher so it's come as a shock having this pain etc especially compared to my hip, doesn't help that I have post op blues so am depressed which makes the pain worse I am sure. Husband thinks I over reacting...
Back
Top Bottom