Recent content by Stillnuts

  1. S

    Stillnuts made it to the other side

    So home the first day and not as easy as I planned. Had issue with the raised toilet seat we had got ahead of time :gaah: so my wife had to run about 35 miles to the only place we could find a elongated one at. At 43 years old I have always been very independent and do most home repairs and...
  2. S

    Stillnuts made it to the other side

    So glad to be on this side almost think I was is more pain before at least so far! LTHR yesterday at 10:30am and was up walking with the walker today and yeah it hurt but more like a really bad muscle ache instead of the sharp grinding pain before. They are actually saying they may send me...
  3. S

    Stillnuts made it to the other side

    So thrilled its done. Dr said it was really bad. Not completely with it though must be the drugs and can't hardly focus and keep my eyes open. Need to rest update later tonight or tomorrow,
  4. S

    Made the Decision! I think?

    Well today's the day! Getting ready to head over to the hospital in about 30 min. Need to be there at 8 for surgery scheduled at 10. A lot more nervous this morning. I know it's normal but why is it the closer it gets the more you start second guessing your decision and worrying about...
  5. S

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    Put me down for tomorrow too 9/10/13. Looking forward to getting this done but really getting nervous now. Couldn't sleep last few nights think its a combination of pain and nerves. Well at this time tomorrow we will be on our way to the hospital. But off to work today!
  6. S

    Made the Decision! I think?

    It's almost here, 2 more days (9/10) till TLHR, ready to get it done I'm but i'm still getting a case of little last minute nerves. Been really busy as of late so that has made time go by but being off my anti inflammatory drug this past week has been miserable. :groan: last week Sat I had...
  7. S

    September Sapphires 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

    Count me in! Getting a new leg up on life, TLH, on Sept 10th. Wish it was tomorrow, just counting the days.
  8. S

    Made the Decision! I think?

    I agree with you I have had pain in my leg for several years now never thought it was my hip though! Glad your doing great! I keep hearing what you've said about it being much better and that's what I'm looking forward to and praying for most!:angel: Glad to hear your doing so great I hope...
  9. S

    Things are starting to move...

    BeckyR, Thanks for the kind words you posted for me. I know I made the right choice about having this done now it's just waiting for 8 more weeks (my choice for my employer). My daughter 11 is has been very concerned because of my lack of being able to do what I used to and she's worried...
  10. S

    Made the Decision! I think?

    Sorry been busy lately. Well I did it my left THR is scheduled for Sept 10th. When I seen my doc last week he made me feel a little more comfortable about having this done. But! He will not do a anterior on me will be more of a traditional due to my weight he said he almost could but would...
  11. S

    Made the Decision! I think?

    Thank you guy's for all your imput. I have a appt scheduled with my Ortho doctor next week Friday just because I have decided 100% on getting this thing fixed but want to talk to him and get answers on some of my questions. Mostly reguarding the recovery aspect of it. I do know he does use a...
  12. S

    Made the Decision! I think?

    Thanks for the replies. Finding a good doc anyone recommend one in south east Wisconsin? Right now been talking to the Dr I was referred to seems really nice like his personality and demeanor, just don't know how good he is. Searched him on the net and can't find much as far as reviews go...
  13. S

    Made the Decision! I think?

    New to this forum found out a couple weeks ago that I need a left THP at 43 years old and was doing some searching for info and came across this site. Been a little freaked out about having this done but after lots of thought and talking with my wife I've decided to go ahead and have it done...
Back
Top Bottom