Recent content by Stephanie

  1. Stephanie

    Dutch courage revisits!!

    Hi dear all, Teacat and Clifford thank you so much for your well wishes. Settled in well, feeling strong and positive, found out that I'm having posterior approach and be first on the list. Will be hard to fall asleep tonight but plenty of time to catch up hopefully. Stockings bit off putting...
  2. Stephanie

    Dutch courage revisits!!

    Hi all, thank you for all the great positive feedback. Bottomshollow you certainly know how to welcome me....your library is so informative and I have been thoroughly reading it. Still can't relax but once I hand myself in to the hospital I will be relaxing??? Thank you Jaycey, Barbara your are...
  3. Stephanie

    Complex THR on 20 Feb!

    Hi Selin, we are hip buddies, same date!!! So nice meeting you, I have been reading your story today and very happy for you that your operation is happening, I hope today you managed to relax and chill a bit. I have been taken my two boys to their favourite restaurant Nandos and went shopping...
  4. Stephanie

    Dutch courage revisits!!

    Hi all, been on and off, on this forum, lost a bit of hope back in October due to hip operation being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. Had history of Tb in left hip at the age of 7 and therefore hip deformed. Now after lots of research done and some tests, I have been given the green...
  5. Stephanie

    February Valentines 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In February?

    Hi dear forum, Jamie, Poppet ,Josphine been away for a while but now it is time for some Dutch courage again!!!! Im going to be a valentines hippy, 20th of february is the big day!!!
  6. Stephanie

    THR Damn glad that's over!

    Hi Tammy, sorry don't know nothing about blood thinners and sleepiness, but I have been reading your story, and I do know what an amazing amazing lady you are, brave and so full of energy and you seem to take everything so lighthearted and the whole hip episode and restrictions etc sounds...
  7. Stephanie

    OP cancelled, pretty devastated!!

    Hi Josephine, sounds a very interesting career you had and still have only less hands on right, hence all your wealth of knowledge. I'm starting to warm to you more and more especially now we are having some sort of a connection in the UK.... Mr Skinner! It would be a absolute pleasure to...
  8. Stephanie

    OP cancelled, pretty devastated!!

    Oh I just want to send you all some tulips from Amsterdam, I feel happy and uplifted it is so good to chat sometimes.x
  9. Stephanie

    OP cancelled, pretty devastated!!

    Hi Josephine and all lovely happy people, yes Mr Skinner, a very very nice gentleman and so calm he is. Hope you dont mind me asking, but how well do you know him?? He is going to do my op he promised, and will get me through it. It has taken me a while, mentally to accept the fact that my...
  10. Stephanie

    OP cancelled, pretty devastated!!

    Hi all, it has been an exhausting hospital day out...thanks to Orthodoc I was very well equipped with notes and knowledge. Many many thanks for clarifying it to me and directing me to these websites, I would never be able to discover that without your help and such a fast reply makes me realise...
  11. Stephanie

    OP cancelled, pretty devastated!!

    Thank you lovely people for all your caring and kind support. Yes Josephine a bummer it is! And oh yes they knew about it before. It has never been a concern... up to 3 days before my operation I received the call that it was in my best interest to take anti tb medication. Shocked...angry and...
  12. Stephanie

    OP cancelled, pretty devastated!!

    Hi All, I have been a member since 2009, basically got depressed because of the bad hip and stopped being sociable . Also been on the waiting list for THR since 2009, it has been a very loooooong wait. Finally got a date 2 months ago, surgery 15th of october yippee. Although very anxious, also...
  13. Stephanie

    In so much pain and need help???

    Hi all lovely people, Sorry Thomasinaa, Sunshine and Jaz and all the other amazing people for such a late reply but I have days/weeks when I swing(moods) and nothing gets done! In the meantime I have seen my surgeon, and after a thorough investigation, lots of x-ray etc it showed that my back...
  14. Stephanie

    I need a new hip

    Hi Thomasinaa, I also joined recently and posted my treat last week. Like yourself, I'm so happy to be able to speak to all these kind people who give us amazing advice. The pain you are describing in your groin and left leg affected me last march severely. I have always been in pain but it...
  15. Stephanie

    In so much pain and need help???

    Hi dear Hipfriends, After nurturing my son with a stomach bug and even more sleepless nights cleaning op the :shk:...., I'm back on track and in front of my pc. Thank you Sunshine, you brought some much needed sunshine into my life because you are so reassuring, strong and optimistic that it...
Back
Top Bottom