Recent content by stellaluna

  1. stellaluna

    Bilateral THR Made it!!

    Update— dr called. Says it’s the peroneal nerve. He asked if I’m a side sleeper- I said yes; mostly cuz if I sleep on my back I snore and it annoys my hubby lol. It’s def better but foot still a bit numb. I took it easy today for sure and I think it’s helped !
  2. stellaluna

    Bilateral THR Made it!!

    @Jaycey yes resting does seem to help a little bit. And yes my day job is an office job . I sit but do have a sit to stand contraption that I use so I’m not seated all day. I’ve never had any major low back issues that I can recall.
  3. stellaluna

    Bilateral THR Made it!!

    Hi everyone it’s been a while. I’d love to run something by the fellow smarties. I woke up this morning with numbness and tingling on the sole of my left foot. It worked it’s way up back of left calf. Concerned, I placed a call to the dr's office. I have yet to hear back :chinstroke: I decided...
  4. stellaluna

    Bilateral THR Made it!!

    thx @Debru4 just found your thread. It's better today. What @Josephine said makes alot of sense- as usual! It is better today- the temp has warmed a bit around here. I am in Mass- but would not mind moving to Florida if this rotten weather keeps up! I am getting tired of the cold weather in...
  5. stellaluna

    Bilateral THR Made it!!

    Previously was doing it pre-surgery-somatics, that is. My Dr is not familiar with it. ART was suggested by a PT who runs a hip replacement forum on FB. I ran it my my Dr's PA who has had it and agreed it could possibly help. On a side note- anyone else notice that their hips get achy if it's...
  6. stellaluna

    Bilateral THR Made it!!

    @Alitm pretty much summed it up. ART is intense and I’d clear it with surgeon first but it has helped me tremendously. I’m 5.5 mos lost op- started this roughly a month ago - the ART that is. It breaks up scar tissue and “clumps” in muscles , enabling blood flow to improve and this decreasing...
  7. stellaluna

    THR Celebrating one at a time, encore!

    I could not agree more w/you @Alitm about the Somatics. It is incredible at cultivating self awareness in how we move. Awesome on sharing the file!!
  8. stellaluna

    Bilateral THR Made it!!

    @Alitm Yeah it's a pretty intense stretch esp where you are at right now. But when the time comes it is a good one. I do it lying in bed in the morning before I get up and again at nite. It's so great about the somatics isnt it?? Keep me posted on how you do! My Mother in law passed last nite...
  9. stellaluna

    Bilateral THR Made it!!

    @Alitm the Thomas is PT Stretch given to me by PT- yes google it it should pop up.
  10. stellaluna

    Bilateral THR Made it!!

    @Jaycey -yes that's who it is!! Its mind blowing-when you sit and do this!! I will tell you. In the morning when I get up, I do the Thomas stretch for my hip flexors. Then I go to the kitchen, sit in the chair and do exactly what she does in the video. I think it's working for me cuz I am...
  11. stellaluna

    Bilateral THR Made it!!

    I highly highly recommend somatics too. Everything that @Alitm said is so true. It’s about awareness and rewriting our brain to correct faulty movement patterns. Gang-I had a major breakthrough yesterday in my walking thanks to a somatic’s video that I found on YouTube. It is a seated...
  12. stellaluna

    Bilateral THR Made it!!

    @Mojo333 <3
  13. stellaluna

    Bilateral THR Made it!!

    @Alitm the walking six point exercise- when simultaneously lifting right shoulder and left hip , is the leg lifting too or is it just a slight elevation of the back of the pelvis while keeping back of leg on floor? That’s a tough one for me lol.
  14. stellaluna

    Bilateral THR Made it!!

    Thanx @Mojo333 my bilateral buddy! Always good to hear your helpful feedback ! ❤️
  15. stellaluna

    Bilateral THR Made it!!

    It doesnt but I am gonna give it a try. OMG you sound just like me!! Tight psoas I feel may be the culprit in my little lean to the right when I walk- a compensation issue! I am skyping Wed w a fellow teacher who is a pilates trained teacher as well. She feels, in looking at a video I sent her...
Back
Top Bottom