Recent content by Stellac

  1. Stellac

    THR Bionic Side

    Best wishes for a safe surgery! You will feel the difference right after the surgery. It's amazing! Sent from my iPad
  2. Stellac

    Waiting in pain for thr

    I see that you and your husband are from PA. I live in the northeastern part of PA; in the Poconos. I choose a surgeon from the Hospital of Special Surgery in NYC. It was a 2 hour drive but this hospital is # 1 in the US for Orthopedic procedures with a very low infection rate. I saw my doctor...
  3. Stellac

    THR My New Right Hip

    Best wishes for a safe successful surgery!
  4. Stellac

    Stellac in recovery!

    Thanks Jaycey. I do appreciate everyone's concern and advice. I am so happy that I found this forum! Sent from my iPad
  5. Stellac

    Stellac in recovery!

    My surgeon wants me to follow what my primary care physician says and my primary care MD agrees with the protocol the ED physician initiated so I am taking the Eliquis as directed and will follow up with my primary who will repeat the Doppler ultrasound in a few weeks. I still have swelling in...
  6. Stellac

    Tomorrow is the big day!!

    Good luck! Best wishes and prayers for a successful surgery and recovery.
  7. Stellac

    Stellac in recovery!

    I went to the ED last evening since I couldn't shake the calf pain and I was concerned that it was a DVT; which is what it is. A Doppler ultrasound was performed on my operative leg which was positive for an occlusive acute DVT below the knee within the posterior tibial and soleal veins. The ED...
  8. Stellac

    Stellac in recovery!

    Thanks @Cherdonnay. I think you may be right about my calf overcompensating for my hip. I also may have stretched my calf doing the ankle pumps. Good luck with your surgery in March. This forum has been very helpful to me both preoperatively and postoperatively. I was so worn out soaking up all...
  9. Stellac

    Hip Infection Burning<

    I am 9 days postoperative and I am getting weepy the last 3 days. Just as Jaycee said I am feeling frustrated that cannot do things that I normally do for myself and am guilty asking for my husbands help all the time. I know I just need to be patient and take one day at a time. Healing does take...
  10. Stellac

    Stellac in recovery!

    I am 9 days postoperative for a RTHR. I have been doing my ankle pumps and other easy exercises at least 3 times a day. My pain is pretty well controlled. I may take a maximum of 3 hydrocodone pills a day. Yesterday and today I am feeling the sensation of a Charlie horse spasm in my right...
  11. Stellac

    Wednesday's the day....having doubts

    We have all been where you are @Turtle. I am 4 days postoperative, and I can't believe I am saying this, but, the surgery wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined it would be. I know, hindsight is 20-20. The day of the surgery I was so all worried out that a calmness took over. I was most worried...
  12. Stellac

    Stellac in recovery!

    I used a wedge pillow and a pillow under my knees and I slept well last night. No discomfort in the lower back. This is why I love this forum so much! The advice given by those who have walked or are walking in the same shoes is the best! Love you all!
  13. Stellac

    Stellac in recovery!

    I will try the pillow under my knees tonight @Tweetybrd. Sent from my iPad
  14. Stellac

    Stellac in recovery!

    Thanks @leejaa. I am doing the same with falling asleep periodically. My low back was hurting last night from laying on my back. I put a pillow there but it didn't help much. Today I am sitting in a recliner and it's much better. Just getting out of bed and moving around a little makes me feel...
  15. Stellac

    Double hippie January 30, hopefully by 2:00!

    Best wishes for a safe surgery and recovery.
Back
Top Bottom