Recent content by StayStrong

  1. StayStrong

    THR Taking a step back<

    Went to the phy. therapist yesterday. I have issues due to the mis-diagnosis causing me to have to walk on my bad hip for 7 years in pain. Now I need to basically learn to walk "normal" again. I'm so happy to have found someone that really understands my aging body. Should be about two months...
  2. StayStrong

    THR New 2 hips now<

    Oh I am so glad to hear you are safe and sound @Sunnyhippy . I can't imagine what you must have gone through and still have to deal with. And you're doing a great job of healing during it all. Hang in there! Hugs and High Fives to you!
  3. StayStrong

    THR New 2 hips now<

    Hey @Sunnyhippy I've been holding you in my heart and thoughts while watching the coverage. I realize you must have so much on your plate but when you do get a chance to check back in I just wanted to let you know you one more person was thinking of you. Thanks for sharing your last post and...
  4. StayStrong

    THR New 2 hips now<

    Oh @Sunnyhippy I can't imagine your anguish. First I just want to acknowledge that your plate is full with emotionally painful experiences. You are going through both physical discomfort and healing as well as emotional anxiety for yourself and your mother's well being. It is perfectly normal...
  5. StayStrong

    THR Taking a step back<

    Hi @Layla Once again you touch my heart. You were one of the first to reach out to me and I continue to appreciate your thoughtful support. As a mom I'm kind of expected to do all of the event planning for the family and having this milestone birthday while I'm not yet at full speed was...
  6. StayStrong

    THR Taking a step back<

    Oh @Hip Hip Hooray! and @Jaycey Thanks so much for the marvelous support. I'm just getting used to the forum and didn't realize I'd flipped to a new page so I didn't find your posts yesterday when I logged in. So it was great to find them here waiting for me today. I had just pulled out my...
  7. StayStrong

    THR Taking a step back<

    Thank you so much for your continued kind words and support @Layla . I'm just having to adjust my expectations and remember my gratitude list... like finding the help and support on this site and the sweet encouragement from you and others. Finding my way forward now with great information and...
  8. StayStrong

    THR Taking a step back<

    Thanks so much for the diagnostic help @Josephine and the solution support. I've got a call into my Dr. so he gets familiar too and doesn't send his next patient away with no options! Huge Hugs of gratitude!
  9. StayStrong

    THR New 2 hips now<

    Hey @Sunnyhippy great job quieting your anxiety and finding solutions for your rashes. Staying comfortable on all levels is so important. Before I could get to regular showers I used round cotton make-up pads soaked with alcohol to wash under my arms. This could burn so be careful to test it...
  10. StayStrong

    THR Lerwick8 Begins the Road to Recovery

    @Lerwick8 if it helps at all I've come to see recovery as a vectoring process for me... like tacking when sailing... we're all moving forward in our recovery but not always in a straight line. You're taking really good care of yourself especially with the added discomfort of the heatwave. Once...
  11. StayStrong

    THR Taking a step back<

    Oh @Josephine YOU ARE AN ANGEL:angel: Thank you thank you thank you! Just having the answer to Why this hurts is a great relief! It was my Left Hip to answer your question before I forget Do you think these exercises for stretching are safe for me at this point? If so I'm on it...
  12. StayStrong

    THR 6 weeks post op progress

    Hi @Normhel Yes I'm so much happier now that I found this forum. If I stand up really straight, shoulders back and all, I have no wobble or limp - just a nice smooth walk but after limping before the surgery it takes conscious intention to maintain this posture. When I knew I was due to be out...
  13. StayStrong

    THR Lerwick8 Begins the Road to Recovery

    I found BoneSmart a bit late so I'm just catching up. Congrats on making it home:yay: and taking good care of yourself by making sure the swelling was ok. Oh the heat must really catch you off guard. I lived in SF and know the cool summer fog so what a shocker. I hope it passes soon along...
  14. StayStrong

    THR Taking a step back<

    @Josephine OK I don't want to be a pain the the butt, but... after 2 hours of reading others posts I found your info on Piriformis syndrome:idea: That's it at least in large part. I had it a little before surgery (just a spot that nagged at me and nobody ever had an answer for it except to...
  15. StayStrong

    THR New 2 hips now<

    Hi @Sunnyhippy First, :wow: great job reaching out for support. Next, I agree it looks like the heat rash I treated on my kids. Look for diaper rash remedies to see if that helps. Next, before I found BoneSmart, I found relief from my anxiety with You Tube meditations for healing that helped to...
Back
Top Bottom