Recent content by stan794

  1. stan794

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    That's great to hear :) I have just had my check up yesterday, two years for right side, one year for left, all seems to be good :). Interesting about the yoga I thought we might be restricted with it as I would love to give it a go to help with flexibility and my aching back. Take care all. Stan
  2. stan794

    Pain meds

    Thanks folks. I knew about my back problems before my hips were diagnosed 6 years ago so realise it will only get worse. Now both hips are sorted Im trying to get back to a good level of fitness and shift my spare tyre lol, the excess weight can't help matters. I will watch how many meds I use...
  3. stan794

    Pain meds

    Hi all How long have you guys been taking pain meds after op. After my first one I reckon I was pretty much off them after 16 weeks. This time round still taking them especially if kind of overdone it at work and a bit achy. Funny enough the first operated hip feels sore a bit more than the new...
  4. stan794

    Hip Resurfacing. What to expect?

    Hi pikemaster I've had both sides resurfaced and I pretty much treated the recovery as thr apart from some of the restrictions such as breaking 90 degrees. Lots to read on here, do your exercises, take your pills, rest ice and elevate and all will be well :). I was back to work after 11 weeks...
  5. stan794

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    First hip done (birmingham hip resurface) done May 2012 and it's been brilliant. Other one done this year so matching set and all good so far.
  6. stan794

    Hip Resurfacing Back to work :(

    Well first week back at work went pretty well. I'm very tired though and looking forward to getting feet up over weekend.
  7. stan794

    Hip Resurfacing Back to work :(

    Time goes fast, I can't believe it's been 8 weeks since having my new parts fitted and back to work on Monday, light duties of course :)
  8. stan794

    Hip Resurfacing Back to work :(

    6 weeks on the other side, back for my check up today and all seems ok (new avatar showing my matching set :)) have to try walking without stick now and build up slowly, its funny coz it seemed easier last time (im sure it wasnt really) and i dont want to let go of my last stick even though im...
  9. stan794

    Hip Resurfacing Back to work :(

    4 weeks today :) Down to one stick around the house but taking 2 outside just in case. Have a bit of stiffness in IT band and knee so leg not bending fully yet but really happy so far :) onwards and upwards. Hope everyone is well.
  10. stan794

    THR All done and home!

    Good to hear its going well so far but don't over do it early days, enjoy the rest :)
  11. stan794

    Hip Resurfacing Back to work :(

    Just checking in It will be 3 weeks this Thursday since new parts fitted and so far so good. Walking pretty good, swelling not to bad and bruising finally fading. Now walking around the street and I must say its nice to be out in the fresh air, ahhh the simple things.
  12. stan794

    Hip Resurfacing Back to work :(

    Woo hoo staples out in the morning ahhhh bliss :)
  13. stan794

    Hip Resurfacing Back to work :(

    I hear you Poppet, icing quite a few times through out the day as well as keeping my feet up. First thing in the morning does my head in as lying in bed for 8 hours, no meds etc I can't wait to hit it with the ice
  14. stan794

    Hip Resurfacing Back to work :(

    Bruising stopped but still swelling nicely. Walking around the house now on a regular basis In between cups of tea, episodes of top gear oh and elevation and ice :)
  15. stan794

    Hip Resurfacing Back to work :(

    Quick update Loads of bruising now out and more swelling. I'm not moving around as much as I like and just resting, plenty of time for at that pt stuff :) So far this time seems slower than last time, I know it's not, but just forcing myself to listen to my body :)
Back
Top Bottom