Recent content by SpunkyBarb

  1. SpunkyBarb

    TKR Spunky's Journey.

    Hi all! Barb's daughter here... :) Thought I'd give a little update and ask a question for her. She is doing great! Walking without any cane/assistance. Going back to Curves 3 x a week and Silver Sneakers senior exercise 2 x a week. No pain. Stamina stills wears down, but she's getting...
  2. SpunkyBarb

    TKR Spunky's Journey.

    What do you do when sleep is almost impossible? I have a cough that starts when I lay down and I think that is part of my sleep problems. I don't have pain in my knee. I sleep maybe two hours and then up for two or three hours. Sometimes I finally get to sleep about four and then maybe sleep...
  3. SpunkyBarb

    TKR Spunky's Journey.

    My daughter says that I fired her, but I said no, I just cut your hours. I have told her many times I could not have made it without her, she pulled me through many tough times. I am so grateful. Now I have a few questions on my own. How long do you still have heat in the knee. I was 10...
  4. SpunkyBarb

    TKR Spunky's Journey.

    PS, I updated her picture that I took yesterday
  5. SpunkyBarb

    TKR Spunky's Journey.

    Hi everyone... Well, since my mom seems to have difficulty moving around the forum and site, I thought I would let you know she is doing well and getting around quite well with her cane only. She still uses the walker during the middle of the night. She gets sleep in 2-3 hour blocks and is...
  6. SpunkyBarb

    TKR Spunky's Journey.

    Mom seems to read the site, but not post. All is well. She only takes 1 Tylenol if she experiences any pain (which she hadn't for a couple of days at a time). She just finished a shower, standing,her old way, so she wants me to return the handheld. Oh well, in a few years, if she needs it...
  7. SpunkyBarb

    TKR Spunky's Journey.

    At 4 weeks post - I've only been on 1 50mg Tramadol at night and Tylenol. Do you still experience nausea for some other reasons? Haven't really had pain (2 at its highest). Just curious. It comes and goes and doesn't seem to be when I take the Tramadol. Thanks. Off to PT...
  8. SpunkyBarb

    TKR Spunky's Journey.

    Walked more with the cane today (with PT and daughter). Outpatient PT begins Monday. Actually had a good nights sleep last night - it makes such a difference!
  9. SpunkyBarb

    TKR Spunky's Journey.

    Hi Amy Jo and everyone. Barb's daughter here... signing on from her laptop and putting the link on her favorites. She just finished home health PT this morning - on ice now. One more visit on Friday and then we begin outpatient PT. She's getting stronger everyday. Gone are the days of...
  10. SpunkyBarb

    TKR Spunky's Journey.

    Hi! All is going well. Now that my mom is feeling better, I need to show her how to get here to read and post. Went to the Dr. Appt. yesterday - mom didn't like the staples being removed but I didn't think the nurse was very compassionate. We were able to get her 2 more weeks of home health...
  11. SpunkyBarb

    TKR Spunky's Journey.

    Mom took care of her 1:30 a.m. Medicine (although, stubborn, wouldn't let me set an alarm). Tonight I start staying at home and will just come over during the day. In case of desperation, she does have a granddaughter staying downstairs for the summer. We just haven't wanted to rely on her...
  12. SpunkyBarb

    TKR Spunky's Journey.

    Thanks @sistersinhim Right now, the one area that is not bruised is her knee and incision area lol. Best looking spot on the entire leg.
  13. SpunkyBarb

    TKR Spunky's Journey.

    I will tell her. Today, as I put on the compression pumps, I instantly noticed there was no heat in her lower leg! All of the bruising in various places felt cooler. Yeah! We've advanced to using a Tramadol during the day with the Tylenol regimen. I'm just glad she is communicating and...
  14. SpunkyBarb

    TKR Knee pain - CRPS

    I think my mom may have had this a little for the first time as she felt something and I was not touching her but she said it felt like I pinched her. I'll be sure and read your posts to her.
  15. SpunkyBarb

    TKR Spunky's Journey.

    Boy... Those bruises and blood pooling really like to show themselves don't they! Getting put on blood thinners for 18 days doesn't help. Hope everyone is doing well. Another day down - One day at a time.
Back
Top Bottom