Recent content by Spiritbee51

  1. S

    TKR Poking My Head Above the Water - New Knee 11/5/13

    Here I am at 6 months and can say I feel pretty good, my knee still hurts with long walks, but so much improved over the last few weeks. My experience with Ibuprofen vs Naproxan is that Ibuprofen is a better pain reliever, but I have to take it regularyly and 3 at a time to get good results. I...
  2. S

    TKR Poking My Head Above the Water - New Knee 11/5/13

    Stiff knee to me is when I get out of bed, out of the drivers seat or get up from a chair I still feel that need to take a few steps to get going, it goes from the knee into the calf muscles. I had it before TKR accompanied with huge pain, now there is no pain and the leg straightens out and is...
  3. S

    TKR Poking My Head Above the Water - New Knee 11/5/13

    Well "way to go" to us all, we are up and going and making great recoveries. In the last 3 days I have felt great and almost forgot how difficult it was. Five months to the date of surgery I can say the memories of all that pain have faded and I don't want to call them back. Way to go everyone!!
  4. S

    TKR Poking My Head Above the Water - New Knee 11/5/13

    Hi to all, I am 5 months post-op tomorrow, one day I feel great, happy and optimistic, the next I need the tramadol. The pain can be anywhere in my leg, knee, tibia, muscles, tendons, especially the MCL. I have good ROM, but very stiff most of the time. I am back to all my regular activities and...
  5. S

    TKR Poking My Head Above the Water - New Knee 11/5/13

    At last I have found people who feel like me. I am 4 months post op, doing well except the pain is always there, less than the previous months, but Tylenol, ice, Advil just can't reach the pain sometimes. My OS wants to see me today, I will let you know what hope we have or if I can at least...
  6. S

    Revision TKR Turtle's Revision scheduled for July 19, 2016

    I'm just catching up on reading some of my fellow TKRS, I have not chatted much in the last month. This one caught my eye because I'm just about at 3 months and wondering how much activity should this new knee be getting. I have been doing a little of everything, like exercise bike, stair...
  7. S

    TKR Recovery is longer than expected

    Well to all of you who gave me advice on my plane trip, I made it!! Wheel chair was a great idea, 3 long airport terminals would have been too much for me. OS also suggested support stockings to the knee or higher and they really helped keep the leg from getting as tired. Now I have a two year...
  8. S

    Bilateral TKR Getting in & out of a kayak - suggestions?

    I still think you have been far more active than I can even fathom right now, you must have strong legs or really good pain meds. Way to go, your ROM is coming, are you swollen? If so that will make it difficult to bend to the 120. Do as the Bone Smarties say, Ice, Elevate!!! How about a little...
  9. S

    Bilateral TKR Getting in & out of a kayak - suggestions?

    That is more than fantastic, I can't imagine btkr and kayaking in that time frame, but I'm not a kayaker either!!! Great progress.
  10. S

    TKR Recovery is longer than expected

    Thanks for the great encouragement!!
  11. S

    TKR The Journey Continues

    I was in that spot where you feel alone and then I found this forum and sought out all the info I could. It helps so much to know that it does get better. You are still in that difficult time frame when things hurt so much and progress is so slow. I had to learn to be patient, keep the pain down...
  12. S

    TKR Recovery is longer than expected

    Hi All, I am now 8½ weeks out from right TKR, I have accomplished the 134 flexion, but still have that 5 degrees to go for my straight leg. I do the exercises to push this gently, the OS says it will come in the next couple of months but I am not making much progress. I am not losing anything...
  13. S

    TKR The Journey Continues

    To ZiggysMom and DogLover, I have been reading your posts today and felt like adding some encouragement. I am 3weeks ahead of you and want you to know it gets better. The 5 week point for me was the most difficult, I was getting depressed, still in great pain and thought I was going nowhere. The...
  14. S

    Bilateral TKR Getting in & out of a kayak - suggestions?

    Thanks RimRoc, sunny here in the Southwest, which always helps. Saw your post and similar surgery dates, so wanted to see how you were doing. You sound very energetic compared to me and I only have one leg tied up in this, great to hear. Fun to have this forum for passing time and checking in...
  15. S

    Bilateral TKR Getting in & out of a kayak - suggestions?

    Dear RimRoc, if I read this all right you and I are just about identical in surgery dates and age, I will be hitting week 7 post op on Monday January 13. You did much more over the holidays than I did because I didn't have the energy to walk more than around my house and my pain was bearly under...
Back
Top Bottom