Recent content by spihaven

  1. spihaven

    TKR Here goes knee #2 - looking for another success story

    I am now back to playing golf - absolutely no problem with my knees - I do use a cart - not because of my knees but because I am lazy HAHA - Having a great time with friends and absolutely enjoying life again - Now doing 6 miles in 30 minutes on the bike at the gym and other strengthening...
  2. spihaven

    TKR Here goes knee #2 - looking for another success story

    Thanks for the info Kelly - I actually had given away or sold all of my golf stuff because it has been years since I have been able to play (about 20 to be honest). So yesterday I went on Craigslist and found a great deal - complete set of Square 2 clubs (14) and bag for $75 - belonged to...
  3. spihaven

    TKR Here goes knee #2 - looking for another success story

    It has been over 6 weeks since I checked in so thought I would do a quick update - Saw my OS last week and he has cleared me for all activity except running (no worries there) and skydiving (NOT A PROBLEM DOC :rofsign:). So I will be going to the driving range next week to start hitting golf...
  4. spihaven

    TKR Carol's clunky, popping, rattly new knee

    Hi - My right knee is 7 months old and my left knee is almost 3 months old. I have no popping or clicking on the left knee as yet - but my right knee has gone through a period of multiple sounds over the past couple of months. No pain and no problems with anything I do including bicycling...
  5. spihaven

    TKR Here goes knee #2 - looking for another success story

    BIG RED LETTER DAY - I walked my dogs for the first time in over 2-plus years - YIPEE - My sister walked with me and took my 5 year old male while I walked my 12 year old female - It was HEAVEN for all of us - they were beside themselves with excitment but soon fell right back into their usual...
  6. spihaven

    TKR Josephine's knee story

    I have that same type of wedge and I used one pillow on the slanted side and two on top - works perfectly and I don't have the problem of pillow collapse -
  7. spihaven

    TKR Here goes knee #2 - looking for another success story

    Coming up on 2 months on my left TKR - I am doing great - I now can bike to 4 miles in 30 min at the gym and I have just recently started walking about 1.25 miles on my gym off days. Of course there is some swelling to both of my knees but no pain. After any exercise I ice and elevate as a...
  8. spihaven

    TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

    Janet thank you for those pics - they do wet my appetite - I can't wait for this trip - in fact whenever I get a "down day" I just think of where I will be in March 2016 and it perks me up right away - This is truly a trip of a lifetime for me and one of the things I am looking forward to is...
  9. spihaven

    TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

    So glad you had a great trip and that your knees did not hold you back - I am so looking forward to my Barcelona to Venice Mediteranian cruise next March - at that time my right knee will be 15 months old and my left knee will be 11 months old - Right now my left knee is 6-1/2 weeks old and is...
  10. spihaven

    Bilateral vs. Serial TKR

    I also had serial TKR, first one done 11/21/2014 and second one done 4/10/2015 - My surgeon would have done bilateral if I insisted but stated he has found that serial seems to be better for his patients. I am so glad I did it this way. Yes there are 2 recoveries to go through but for me it...
  11. spihaven

    TKR Here goes knee #2 - looking for another success story

    Well - casino run was a fun one - and only lost $70 over the 2 days - considering we had our food comped and visited 3 casinos, not bad at all. My left knee held up quite well for 5 weeks - I did do quite a bit of walking but made sure to sit as much as possible and I iced that night - When we...
  12. spihaven

    TKR Here goes knee #2 - looking for another success story

    Saw my OS yesterday and he is very pleased with my 1-month recovery, as am I. I am now walking in house without cane as well as short walks - for longer walks or places with lots of people I still use the cane for safety sake. Pretty much off all meds except Tylenol and Tramadol - especially...
  13. spihaven

    TKR Here goes knee #2 - looking for another success story

    Just got back from my first outpatient PT - ROM unassisted was 110/0 and with a little help 120/0 - No bad for 19 days out from surgery. Rode the bike for 10 minutes and then my ROM unassisted was 116/0 and assisted was 124/0....I am having very little pain now - only aching and mostly that is...
  14. spihaven

    TKR Here goes knee #2 - looking for another success story

    I am sure finding out that no 2 knees are alike - while I am still having what I consider an easy recovery, this left knee is giving me more trouble than the right did. I find that I have a constant ache in my entire left leg and sitting for more than about 35-45 min becomes slightly...
  15. spihaven

    TKR Here goes knee #2 - looking for another success story

    First week down - I am doing well - a little more swelling than I would like but I know what to do about that - ICE, ELEVATE and repeat over and over....ROM is measured at 95/5 on Thurs and that is just great for me. I won't have another PT session for about 10 days as my PT is going on...
Back
Top Bottom