Recent content by Spider

  1. Spider

    Bilateral TKR Spider on the recovery side

    Agility is fun! I breed Great Danes, and just show really to get an external opinion and make sure of their quality. I'll go to the physio first, because he is in the same clinic as the surgeon, and will get me an appointment if he thinks its necessary - just wanted to know if anyone else...
  2. Spider

    Bilateral TKR Spider on the recovery side

    Thanks, will do. @Josephine. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
  3. Spider

    Bilateral TKR Spider on the recovery side

    Spider returns 11 months post op now!!!. I seem to have hit a standstill in recovery, and just wondering about other experiences. I am making an appointment with my physio for a check, but thought I would check in here. At the moment, I can go up stairs pretty well - but down is still a bit...
  4. Spider

    Bilateral TKR Spider on the recovery side

    oh apologies for how big the pictures were - I thought I'd resized them :chinstroke:
  5. Spider

    Bilateral TKR Spider on the recovery side

    Hi all, 6 month check in from me - and the news is all GREAT!! I had my surgeon checkup, and he is really happy, physio is happy. My bend isn't fantastic, but they said this will still continue to improve over the next 12 months, but my leg shape/size doesn't lend itself to great bend anyway...
  6. Spider

    TKR I did it!!

    @jeano, any tips for dismounting? That seems to be the hardest thing for me. I guess having both done makes it a little trickier - because I don't have a good leg to land on. I bought myself flexible endurance stirrups a year or so ago - brilliant!! Then flex slightly as you rise, so no where...
  7. Spider

    TKR I did it!!

    Can't believe that just as I was feeling better and not frequenting the forum as much - a big horsie recovery thread appears :). They are such wonderful motivation aren't they, can't wait until I'm riding well enough to be cantering through the forest with that freedom feeling :)
  8. Spider

    Bilateral TKR Spider on the recovery side

    I'm glad this can give you some hope @appaloosa girl ! I am 4 1/2 months out - and I tell you, at your stage I couldn't even imagine getting close to a horse! I had my daughter bring them to the house so I could just pat and smell :). I am very determined to get back to riding bigger and...
  9. Spider

    Bilateral TKR Spider on the recovery side

    Yes I think dismounting would have been easier with one good leg! :). Hmmm might have to be a bit more careful of stirrup length - its probably more important at the moment. @jeano did you return fairly slowly - I'm thinking of doing little often to see how I can build up my balance again.
  10. Spider

    Bilateral TKR Spider on the recovery side

    Its been awhile since I've been around but really wanted to share two things in particular. 1. I HAD MY FIRST HORSE RIDE - YAHOO!!!! It was short, but i'm very motivated to get stronger for it now. So good for the soul, and I'm confident that I'll be back riding properly again soon (ish) 2...
  11. Spider

    Bilateral TKR BTKR tomorrow....I think I'm ready

    Sounds like the hardest step is over, and you're doing well. I agree with @HerbM, get pain relief sorted for you ASAP. Keep telling them about your pain, and don't suffer in silence - it will make a big difference to your recovery. Good luck, and keep checking in and letting us know how you...
  12. Spider

    Bilateral TKR Spider on the recovery side

    I had a day today with children away and husband away on work - great I though, I can work, and then get all these chores done. Hmmmph!!! I didn't even get my work done, spent most of the day on the lounge and slept for about an hour in the afternoon. I think my body is clearly trying to tell...
  13. Spider

    Bilateral TKR Spider on the recovery side

    Fingers crossed for that, I'm feeling a bit pathetic with my tiredness. Had some Drs blood tests a week ago for my migraines, and one thing that came back was a lowish Vit D level. Nothing major but on the low side, wondering whether or not that has something to do with my fatigue. Might...
  14. Spider

    Bilateral TKR Spider on the recovery side

    Still going here - slowly does it!! Patience and Fatigue are really my main problems. I still get night knee pain, but I have increased my pain meds, and I'm mostly sleeping better since then and feeling a bit better. Still having overdone it moments, and frustrations, but in general not too...
  15. Spider

    MUA billywhizz666 - the saga continues

    Just read through your story @billywhizz666 - what a horrible start you've had, and really sorry to hear about your eye. It must be very very hard getting such opposing advice, but remember all of us on here have actually been in your position - probably understand more than your family, or PT...
Back
Top Bottom