Recent content by sparky9059

  1. sparky9059

    TKR Flying after surgery

    13+ weeks out and I feel great! My flights went well except for one screw up on my part. I only allowed 20 minutes between flights in Minneapolis/St Paul airport! I had to run from gate C5 to C22 which included a ride on a tram! I was the last one on the plane but I made it!!! I have been done...
  2. sparky9059

    TKR Flying after surgery

    I am 10 weeks out from TKR and I couldn't be happier. The swelling has gone down and the numb areas are gone. I am riding my stationary bike 10-15 minutes every other night. No pain or swelling. I took my business trip without any issues. I have been cleared to stop physical therapy and I...
  3. sparky9059

    TKR Flying after surgery

    I am going to go to Phoenix for business. That will be 7 weeks after surgery. I plan on wearing my TED hose and staying hydrated and I will ask my surgeon. Any other recommendations?
  4. sparky9059

    TKR Slow but steady

    I hit the cabin fever at 3 weeks!! I was so grumpy and bored! I finally came out of after 2 days. I knew I would a grumpy PIA so I bought my wife several "pre-grumpy" gifts before surgery!
  5. sparky9059

    TKR Feeling confused and scared^

    I am at 4 weeks. I went back to work where most of my day is sitting at a desk. I still had some tightness and swelling after the first day so I went back to wearing my TED hose. I set a timer for an hour and get up and stretch a bit and walk a bit. That has helped with the swelling and I ice my...
  6. sparky9059

    TKR Flying after surgery

    Hang there! It will come! It's been almost 4 weeks for me
  7. sparky9059

    TKR Flying after surgery

    It was a great Friday night. I slept in the bed all night! It's been almost a month but I finally made it! This morning my gut finally feels back to normal. Thank you Mirilax! I will be going back to work on 9/4. I plan on short days for the first week or two.
  8. sparky9059

    TKR Flying after surgery

    Everyone, Please meet CJ. (chrome joint)
  9. sparky9059

    TKR Flying after surgery

    PT was rough today. I have a ROM of 100 and I am 1 degree from being 100% flat. The therapist tried to put a 10 pound on my raised knee with a roll under my heel. I tried for 1 minute and I told him that is enough, I am done. He looked like no one had ever told him no before! 3 week in and I...
  10. sparky9059

    TKR the long road back

    Welcome to the other side! Slow and steady wins the race! I am 19 days post op for a RTKR and Still have some stiffness and a little swollen. My ROM is 98 degrees last Thursday. Listen to your body, take pain meds, ice and rest. This is a marathon, not a sprint! Hang in there!
  11. sparky9059

    TKR Marie’s TKR Journey

    Good for you! We had all the essentials in place prior to my surgery and it was a great help. Good luck and we will see you in recovery!
  12. sparky9059

    TKR Flying after surgery

    ROM 98 flex, 02 degrees flat today!
  13. sparky9059

    TKR DLR recovery #2

    Grump if you want to! You have been through major surgery! I am a 10 days ahead of you and I know the feeling! I am not the easiest person when I am sick or hurting. I want to be left alone. My loving wife is 180 degrees different. She want to be pampered and looked after(and I do it!) I knew I...
  14. sparky9059

    TKR DLR recovery #2

    Yep! Stool softeners will be your friend till the pain meds are done!
Back
Top Bottom