Recent content by sonarqueen

  1. sonarqueen

    As of last week, I am a HIPPY!

    3 months checkup this morning with surgeon. He said all is good. Next checkup is Feb for my yearly check up Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  2. sonarqueen

    As of last week, I am a HIPPY!

    Thanks @labanan Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  3. sonarqueen

    As of last week, I am a HIPPY!

    Thanks @Jacey. Work is going okay but I do still get sore by end of the day. I am no longer using the cane. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. sonarqueen

    As of last week, I am a HIPPY!

    I am now back to work but working from home. I am 13 weeks post op. I am still using cane periodically and get sore and tired easily. I am in physio weekly. Still progressing slowly. Hoping to get stronger for the summer. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  5. sonarqueen

    THR Recovery Thread Surgery Feb 24, 2017

    I had my surgery Feb 15th and was the same at 10 weeks. Needed the cane or waddled like a duck. Now at 13 weeks can walk without cane for short period without a limp. But I start to limp and get sore quickly. But I am progressing and so will you. It takes longer than we think. Sent from my...
  6. sonarqueen

    As of last week, I am a HIPPY!

    11 weeks now and I can walk short distance like across the kitchen without the cane. I only have a slight limp sometimes without cane. So physiotherapists said to use cane when sore or if limping. I am getting there. Back to work May 10th which will be my 12 weeks post surgery. Next surgeon...
  7. sonarqueen

    As of last week, I am a HIPPY!

    Yes it was just the flu. Thank goodness! Walking with the cane still but feel much stronger. 10 weeks post op today. This weekend supposed to be 20 degrees Celsius. Sent from my iPhone
  8. sonarqueen

    As of last week, I am a HIPPY!

    Thanks @jacey Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. sonarqueen

    As of last week, I am a HIPPY!

    I am 9 weeks post op. I had a bad headache yesterday and was vomiting all day. I also have fever. I have no swelling or redness in my leg. I am also on immunosuppressant drugs. Is this the flu or should I be worried about internal hip infection? Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. sonarqueen

    As of last week, I am a HIPPY!

    Oh sorry. I will keep to this one now. Sent from my iPhone
  11. sonarqueen

    THR Recovery in Labrador

    I am 8 weeks post op and in Nova Scotia. I still need the cane to walk but I am no longer in pain. I had about 1 30 minute trip from hospital by car. I waited 2 years on the waitlist . So glad it is over. Wishing you a speedy recovery Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  12. sonarqueen

    As of last week, I am a HIPPY!

    Yes I had a hip replacement. I am doing well. I am still off work and still using the cane. I went to physio and doing light exercises in the water now. Going slow and no pain afterwards. I do not exercise for all the class just 20 min and then I float. Lots of rest. Feeling good and being...
  13. sonarqueen

    THR Discouraged about length of time it is taking me<

    I can only take a few wobbly steps without the cane. As others said keep using it and rest. We will get there. Sent from my iPhone
  14. sonarqueen

    THR Discouraged about length of time it is taking me<

    I am 47 and had surgery 7 weeks ago and still need to use my cane otherwise I limp and wobble. I thought I would be without it sooner too. However I am progressing so I will have to be patient too. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  15. sonarqueen

    As of last week, I am a HIPPY!

    6 weeks checkup with surgeon on Monday. I am still walking with the cane. Doing limited pt and been to water exercises twice but mostly just floated. Put belt on so did some deep water walking without touching Sent from my iPhone
Back
Top Bottom