Recent content by sologros

  1. sologros

    TKR Recovery Road

    Well here I am on "the other side". Surgery was July 21st and it went well. Had some trouble the first night with low blood pressure (80 over 42) but got it controlled by middle of the next day. I came home this evening. Feeling pretty good, but boy does it hurt to bend. My leg feels like...
  2. sologros

    Count Down Week

    I'm home now and going to start a new thread for recovery.
  3. sologros

    Count Down Week

    @treypops Thanks for the info and pep talk. I'm home now and yes you are correct the pain is a whole different story.
  4. sologros

    TKR Here I am with my new left knee

    Best wishes to you I'll be right after you.
  5. sologros

    Count Down Week

    Okay I believe I am ready! These last few days have been BUSY. But I got my classroom all set up, house is in order, bills paid, downstairs sleeping and siting area ready, all pre-op stuff done, and babysat my 2 year old granddaughter overnight Friday! All is well and I think I'm even a little...
  6. sologros

    Count Down Week

    @Lili Glad to hear they are checking you out thoroughly - it's important to be on the safe side. Be sure to let us know when they reschedule you and keep us posted on your results.
  7. sologros

    Count Down Week

    @cpd599 Nice to have company for surgery date! Rest up and let's keep in touch with our progress1 Susan
  8. sologros

    Count Down Week

    Jean - I am getting prepared. My goal is to have everything ready by Sunday. Monday I have my pre-op visit with my surgeon and then I plan on playing with my granddaughter. Thanks for your words of encouragement. Susan
  9. sologros

    TKR The Odyssey of My Newfangled Knee

    Happy Anniversary to you @momweb! Sounds like your recovery is going well and that you are making great progress - this is reassuring to me. Thanks for sharing your experiences and I look forward to comparing notes and getting more advice from you - :)Susan
  10. sologros

    Count Down Week

    @momweb Thanks for the information! My orientation went well. I now have a list of things to do and get before the week is out. I was a little more prepared than I thought. I was amazed to know that I would be up and moving right away - I know it's what my surgeon said, but I was a little...
  11. sologros

    Count Down Week

    Hi all - I'm in my last week before replacement. I'm so happy to have found this forum, because as I was just beginning to get real nervous I found this site and was able to read about your experiences. My husband and I are going to my orientation meeting today. My surgeon just keeps telling...
  12. sologros

    2015 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    I'd like to join this group. I'm having TKR on July 21st. I had micro fracture surgery on this knee Nov. 20, 2013 - drilled holes into my kneecap in hopes to make scar tissue to mimic cartilage. Was down for 8 months! Was able to go back to work last year (I'm a 5th grade teacher), but pain...
Back
Top Bottom