Recent content by snorkelergrl

  1. snorkelergrl

    THR Ten yrs after knees think my hip is going

    Following. I'm in the same boat! Both knees replaced (2013 and 2018) and now one hip is going.
  2. snorkelergrl

    TKR The Healing Starts Today

    You were right, they were anxious to get me out of there. I skipped all but the first twice daily group PT sessions and only did half the exercises in that one. I looked at the session with Bonesmart eyes and it was truly shocking. One person passed out standing at the exercise bar (bilateral...
  3. snorkelergrl

    TKR TKR 2 at 4 months<

    Just got my second knee yesterday and am delighted to read your account. I hope I have even half of the success you have experienced!
  4. snorkelergrl

    TKR The Healing Starts Today

    Just completed surgery at 10am this morning. This is my second TKR so now I have matching knees. I was a lot less anxious the second time around. It has been four years since my last one. It’s been great to have my old thread to read through to prepare myself. It took quite a few hours to get...
  5. snorkelergrl

    TKR 5 weeks and over the moon !!

    Thanks so much for posting your positive experience. I've wondered if people tend to post more when there are issues so I might be getting a skewed view of recovery. My second TKR is scheduled 12/8--my last was 5 years ago so I'm just refreshing my memory in preparation.
  6. snorkelergrl

    New here.

    Mine is scheduled 3 days after yours. This is a great forum. Welcome!
  7. snorkelergrl

    Rapid Deterioration Prior to Surgery

    Thank you all--so glad to hear I am not alone! I keep hoping this is a flare up and it will subside. I remember I had a flare up like this with my other knee before that one was replaced and they put me in a knee immobilizer for a week or so. I still have it and may try using it, although I've...
  8. snorkelergrl

    Rapid Deterioration Prior to Surgery

    Anyone else experiencing a rapid deterioration in their knee prior to surgery? My surgery is scheduled December 8 and two weeks ago my knee started going downhill fast. I started using a cane last week and this week I am on crutches, barely able to bear weight. Nothing touches the pain -...
  9. snorkelergrl

    2nd TKR vs. the 1st one--experiences?

    My surgery date is December 8, 2017. I feel lucky that I've had 4 years between the left and the right! :)
  10. snorkelergrl

    2nd TKR vs. the 1st one--experiences?

    Thank you so much Happydale and kneeper. I am feeling more relaxed this second time around. It's great to hear your stories and I will definitely try to keep a positive attitude and reach out here for support when I need it. I'm having to use a cane right now due to an intense flare up so...
  11. snorkelergrl

    TKR Happydale's Left knee, now properly installed,

    Thanks so much for all of your posts @Happydale. I just gobbled all of them up from pre-op to post-op. I am facing getting my 2nd knee done in December with some trepidation. You are so positive and such a delight, it's been a real comfort to me to follow your progress.
  12. snorkelergrl

    To do or not to do the other knee?

    Great input everyone. I'm in a similar boat, having had my left knee done a few years ago and now I just scheduled my right knee in December. I had a tough recovery with ongoing inflammation in my left knee which really made me pause in thinking of getting the other one done. I finally decided I...
  13. snorkelergrl

    2nd TKR vs. the 1st one--experiences?

    Thank you for your kind responses. This is not a revision, just having my second knee done. Glad to hear both might be different. Every time I spoke with the doctor about continued pain and inflammation, he would shake his head and say that happens with 30% of TKRs. I finally went to a new...
  14. snorkelergrl

    2nd TKR vs. the 1st one--experiences?

    I had my first TKR at 47, 4 years ago and it was pretty rough even though I was well-prepared (thanks to this forum) back then. The main issues were severe pain post-surgery and continued pain and inflammation to this day. I'd love to hear from you if you are in the same boat. I'm hoping the...
  15. snorkelergrl

    2017 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Going in for my second TKR on December 8. It's been 4 years since the last one.
Back
Top Bottom