Recent content by Smythe89

  1. Smythe89

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    Jeffnate I had a medial replacement (Mako). Karri- I like that idea! I’m going to give that a go when I get to Florida. Warm weather walks are good for my soul and hopefully my knee.
  2. Smythe89

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    MRI results are normal. 7 months post op and I can’t walk my dog around the block without being hobbled but normal MRI. :scratch: Doc says gentle stretching, don’t overwork the joint. I’m on my way to warmer climate next week. Perhaps that will help:shrug:
  3. Smythe89

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    Not yet. I think it is best to wait and see what the MRI shows. It’s been scheduled for the 14th.
  4. Smythe89

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    I’m so frustrated because I was progressing nicely and felt pretty great at 3 months but now I’m nearly as bad off as I was pre surgery. I’m also on a bit of a time crunch now. We head south for the winter and my surgeon is in NY. My insurance is rather local to NY NJ. If I were to need a TKR...
  5. Smythe89

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    MD has not suggested total yet. I assume we will exhaust all other options before crossing that bridge but I’m certainly open to anything that will help me get my life back:cry:
  6. Smythe89

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    Doctor said they would drain using the c-arm if draining is an option. By easy fix I was referring to dealing with Bakers cyst rather than have them tell me they don’t see anything wrong and I’m out of luck. That’s my biggest fear.
  7. Smythe89

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    Yes, thank you. Unfortunately I have moved 3 hrs away from my MDs office so by the time they send it to me, it will be time for my MRI..
  8. Smythe89

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    I don’t have a copy of the actual film. I have initiated the scheduling of the MRI. Waiting for clearance from my insurance company. If this shows nothing, we will have to discuss our next step. I’m hopeful there is an easy fix such as the Baker's cyst which can be either drained or open...
  9. Smythe89

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    Well, I’m at a loss here. I’ve done everything I’ve been directed to do, limited stairs, rested, took anti inflammatory meds and the pain has just gotten worse. I will be calling in the morning to set up the MRI. I was so hopeful that this issue would resolve itself. Doc said cyst would...
  10. Smythe89

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    It wasn’t seen on xray. :shrug: Doc said we would need MRI. In the meantime I’m taking anti inflammatory meds again, not practicing yoga and limiting my stair climbing. Sigh...
  11. Smythe89

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    I guess that’s why I may need the MRI.
  12. Smythe89

    PKR PKR Success - 1 yr out.

    Hi Navy...I’ve had a setback at the 5 month mark. I guess I returned to a too rigorous yoga schedule ( I got board with the gentle classes). I felt great at 3 months and now...not so great. I really appreciate the reminder that this is a long process and patience is key.
  13. Smythe89

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    Huh, I wrote RB 1 D...not sure why that didn’t show up for you
  14. Smythe89

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    Josephine, yes pain is mostly Rb1 D. He called it the bicep tendon but pain is also adjacent to that more midline in the soft tissue behind the knee upon flexon. Minimal surgical site tenderness
  15. Smythe89

    PKR Partial Knee post op<

    I would say I do those stairs 6-10 times a day. I can do the baby step thing for sure. I notice an increase in swelling...or at least the feeling of swelling...tightness. It bugs me to no end that I have pain behind my knee when I bend it. I know people said 6 months to a year. I thought I...
Back
Top Bottom