Recent content by sls8207

  1. S

    Hip Infection Bilateral THR

    Hello all, Had my new hip put in on Monday and I'm going home today. The spacer was not too bad of an experience for me (I think they used a premade one). After this surgery I feel much more sore than I have before which is probably a mix of the posterior approach along with this being the...
  2. S

    Hip Infection Bilateral THR

    Thanks for the replies. Almost 2 weeks since having the spacer put in and it really isn't too bad for me. It's not really painful at all compared to the pain I had with the infected implant, it only feels sort of unstable so I have been waking with a cane, but that is much better than hopping...
  3. S

    Hip Infection Bilateral THR

    Just an update... Got my spacer put in on Monday 8/22. Unfortunately the surgeon said he needed to do the posterior approach to help with removing the infected implant. The pain was pretty bad the first night but got better over a few days. Got to come home on Friday just in time for my...
  4. S

    Hip Infection Bilateral THR

    Thank you for the kind words and information. My surgeon contacted my hematologist/oncologist right after I spoke with him and she wanted me admitted to the hospital right away for antibiotics and to get a PICC line that I will end up needing anyway. She is worried that the infection would...
  5. S

    Hip Infection Bilateral THR

    Just wanted to post an update - Ever since the incident that I explained in my previous post, the pain in my right leg has not gone away. After going to physical therapy for about 2 months after returning from vacation, I did not really see any improvements in pain or strength. I kept doing...
  6. S

    Hip Infection Bilateral THR

    Hi, I had a bilateral thr about 3 months ago, and was told by my surgeon in my last appointment that everything looked good and I would be able to resume normal actovities. Currently, I am on vacation and we were getting gas for the boat and we had to push off of another boat at the dock to...
  7. S

    Hip Infection Bilateral THR

    Hi everyone, I'll be 4 weeks out tomorrow, but today while I was at an unrelated doctor appointment, I was getting up from a chair and something happened in my thigh that's now giving me sort of stabbing pain whenever I flex my left quad (mainly going up the stairs, standing up from a chair, or...
  8. S

    THR I love my new hip...

    Did your surgeons offer you the possibility of doing both at the same time? My surgeon told me that a lot of surgeons don't like to because they get paid less for doing both hips at the same time, but if that's true, luckily he didn't care and still did mine bilateral.
  9. S

    Hip Infection Bilateral THR

    Hello, just wanted to post an update since I'm 2 weeks out now. The weather here in NY is getting nice, so I'm starting to take 30min-1hour walks around my hilly neighborhood and feeling pretty good. I have a list of about 10 exercises that I do daily as well. I'm getting used to walking...
  10. S

    Hip Infection Bilateral THR

    @Michegon They have me wearing the stockings and giving myself daily lovenox injections instead of aspirin for some reason. I understand the risk of blood clots but it sucks waking up every morning and the first thing I have to do is stick a needle in my stomach. Im getting up and walking a...
  11. S

    Hip Infection Bilateral THR

    @Cynthia777 Thanks for clarifying. I was expecting to have to get separate replacements until I met with my surgeon and he asked if I wanted to do both at once. I'm sure you'll do great with your second surgery, especially since you already know how to handle it and what to expect.
  12. S

    Hip Infection Bilateral THR

    Thanks for the response Jim, hopefully I will be able to resume driving soon, but my car is a stick shift and I've read that it will be longer before I can drive it. Also, I read the post about the 90 degree rule, but I like I said in my original post, I was told that the only think I...
  13. S

    Hip Infection Bilateral THR

    @Josephine I forgot to mention that I had those things wrapped around my lower leg that inflate and deflate every 10 seconds or so, so that's probably why they got away with it.
  14. S

    THR 3 Year post OP Dislocation.

    Hi Aaron, so sorry to hear about your dislocation. I'm around your age (20) and just had both of my hips replaced a few days ago due to AVN from prednisone. I am inspired by your ability to do all of those activities after your replacements, and it keeps me hopeful during my recovery. I wish...
  15. S

    Hip Infection Bilateral THR

    Yes it is kind of weird, I also experienced the same thing for a few days before my surgery since I could only sleep comfortably flat on my back with feet straight up. I'll try out the towel thing though it seems like it will work. Thanks for the tip.
Back
Top Bottom