Recent content by skigirl

  1. skigirl

    Standard Shoulder Replacement RangerBob's TSR Recovery

    I have tried a power recliner but most of them are huge!! I bought a reclining couch from the former owners and it is so big I feel like a 10 year old! I hate recline becaus then my feet are up and I have to get up for dogs etc and I have to climb out of a hole!!! I am not small. 5’ 3” and...
  2. skigirl

    THR Kelly's Right Hip Recovery

    You two both know that I have to ski--it is just part of my life. I love that feeling of swishing over the snow. I did get some shorter skis so that I don't have any torque on my knees or hips. They are so easy to ski I am amazed at myself!! Maybe I will never so back to my stiffer skis...
  3. skigirl

    Revision TKR Partial Revision Failure

    I think you should ride the bike for 5 min for one week, then 10 min for the second week. Walk around the gym and do the treadmill at low pressure for 5 min, then 10 min. Take your time, be comfortable with one before you add the second one. It is a mistake to jump into 30 min---you have to...
  4. skigirl

    THR Kelly's Right Hip Recovery

    Layla, nice to hear from you!! You were a faithful poster during the hip recovery. With the second hip it was just ho hum another recovery!!! I am planning on skiing in December at Whistler this year and will teach at Buck Hill here in Minneapolis. It is nice to walk around without pain!!
  5. skigirl

    Bilateral TKR Three years after bilateral TKR

    Amy I mostly ski alpine trails but I skied at five months after rack knee replacement! I could not find anyone who would do two at once. My knees are now 20 and 21 years old I have skied as many as 100 days on them in a year. I never really think of my knees now!! The balance issue is a big...
  6. skigirl

    THR Kelly's Right Hip Recovery

    Wow I just counted up and I am six weeks out!!! I still feel stiffness when I first stand up and I do need some pt for week muscles!!! But otherwise I am working three days per week!!
  7. skigirl

    THR And now the healing begins

    So back to work, no more goofing off!!! I worked 11 hours yesterday in ungodly heat!! I am a little stiff when I first get up but otherwise I am fine!!! On Saturday I will work a Kenny Chesny concert (ugh)!! The big concerts we work from 7 am - 1 am!!! Everyone is nice at work and I do get...
  8. skigirl

    Bilateral THR Just had bilateral THR

    I am so jealous, the docs here reused to do two hips at once so I had to have two surgeries!!! Two rehabs!! What a waste of time!!!!
  9. skigirl

    THR Kelly's Right Hip Recovery

    Let’s see Monday at five weeks!! I worked three days in a row and Am s little stiff!! I work as a security person, so lots of walking and standing. I actually feel fine today, I just work s few days a week, so today it is back to yard work!! With the drought in Minnesota the trees are...
  10. skigirl

    THR Kelly's Right Hip Recovery

    In some ways it is hard to believe a month has gone by!!! My scar has a lump under it, swelling that just stays around which my doc told me was normal!! This scar is two inches longer than the left hip!! They look like two different people operated!! Yesterday I walked a two mile trail with...
  11. skigirl

    THR I made it!!!

    I also have low blood pressure and also low iron so I always pause a second or two when I first stand up!! It feels so good to get home into a familiar world, hope you make it today
  12. skigirl

    THR Kelly's Right Hip Recovery

    Lol Layla!! I put the leaves in a rigid trash can I use for yard waste!! I have these big claw things and picked up the leaves with three waist bends!!! Good thing I had an anterior approach! I also bought this large dust bin with a long handle, from Amazon someone on Bonesmart recommended...
  13. skigirl

    THR Kelly's Right Hip Recovery

    Yes I have the same problem!!! Also I live alone and don’t have the luxury of waiting for something to happen unless I do it. I dragged the laundry basket behind me to the laundry room, did three loads of laundry then hauled it back up two flights of stairs by putting the basket up two steps...
  14. skigirl

    THR Kelly's Right Hip Recovery

    Layla sitting is not so difficult! I get up in the am make my bed and do not go in again until night. I just cannot see myself lying in bed during the day!! I have a chair with an ottoman and did put a couch cushion on it for elevation but I am so antsy I move around a lot!!
  15. skigirl

    THR Kelly's Right Hip Recovery

    Tomorrow is four weeks for me and this is the time I grew impatient last time too!!! I can walk around with no crutch but there is still a lot of rehab in front of me!! Most of the extreme fatigue is gone but I am still very tired at night!! I have been working two days per week with sitting...
Back
Top Bottom