Recent content by skicubad

  1. S

    Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

    WFD you are beyond inspiring! I just had my knee done six months ago and trying to get back into all my sports but what you do is that another level! Keep going
  2. S

    Revision TKR Knee revision “1st night”

    I’ve been following this thread Aussie Bill and just wanted to say that I’m really happy that you’re recovery is going great. A 10 minute outdoor walk at that stage is really good. Stay safe and good luck.
  3. S

    TKR Left knee replacement 1/22/26

    Regchuck I totally concur with everything that the staff members are advising you. This recovery does take time and you are still in very early days. Absolutely normal to still have some pain. I had my knee replacement a little over five months ago and it is getting better every day but at your...
  4. S

    TKR Tortoise, not hare

    Thanks for the welcome back. I don’t want to hijack this thread, but my surgery was September 19 2025. I was very active on bones smart 15 years ago when I had my hip done, but as I said, I have forgotten all about that and going on with my life. I do love hearing about the experiences of others...
  5. S

    TKR Tortoise, not hare

    Alto 2 I have confidence that you will get to that point where you just don’t notice it anymore. I’m not there yet with my knee but I remember when I did my hip 16 years ago and I don’t even think about that. When I had my three month follow up my surgeon told me things can improve for up to a...
  6. S

    TKR Tortoise, not hare

    Alto 2 I just wanted to say I’m happy for your improvement and to reiterate what Jamie was saying about the gradual improvement that can occur with time. I had my knee replaced September 19 so I’m about four months out and it keeps getting better and better. But I do find that when I take a...
  7. S

    TKR Tissue pain outside of knee

    OK, thank you benne68 I see that
  8. S

    TKR Tissue pain outside of knee

    Thanks benne68! Not sure where I would go to put my surgery info. It’s been 15 years and I don’t want to hijack someone thread.
  9. S

    TKR Tissue pain outside of knee

    Jasper, I’m so sorry you’re still in pain but it’s very early days for you and it does get better. Just had my knee done about 10 weeks ago and this is my first post in this group for a long time. Good to hear other people stories and reassure them that it Will get better. Had my hip done and my...
  10. S

    THR Metal, illiopsoas, or both?? My story

    What Jo mentioned about the cup rubbing slightly on the tendon kind of hit home with what I have felt there from the beginning. It would also explain the slight pop I feel there with some motions. I agree with CMac about being conservative. Mark, I also struggled for years with tennis elbow...
  11. S

    THR Metal, illiopsoas, or both?? My story

    Mark, I also had a large head MOM RTHR done 14 months ago and even though I feel great and am back to all my sports, the straight leg lift has always been tough and somewhat painful from day one. I can't see how if it was a metal ion issue, it would have been present from day one even before...
  12. S

    I think I've made a decision

    Graham, I had my THR done about 10 months ago and it is all but forgotten. Back to tennis , skating , cycling and working as a carpenter all pain free. Don't suffer needlessly and waste valuable days of your life. Even with a spinal they can sedate you till it is a total breeze and you are in...
  13. S

    Looking forward to skating again

    HockeyRef , I am not a knee but I had Right total Hip done 6 months ago and am back skating (ice and inline) as well as ever and totally pain free. The first time out it was a bit of a confidence issue because I was naturally a little tentative about taking a fall. By my third or fourth...
  14. S

    Sitting on the floor after recovery

    C street, I haven't posted for a while but thought I would pipe in and encourage you. I had my RTHR 5 months ago and the results have been amazing. Like Jo said, sitting on the floor is nothing! I am taking long bike rides, skating, playing tennis, and I am always squatting and getting up...
  15. S

    Frustated with long wait for surgery

    Renate please hang in there as it will be well worth it. My internal rotation prior to my THR was pitiful because the stiffness was totally caused by the joint pain. As a bike rider this caused me to ride with my knee totally splayed out sideways to avoid that pain. The THR solved this...
Back
Top Bottom