Recent content by ski_bum

  1. ski_bum

    TKR ski_bum's Recovery Thread

    I have a second surgeon that is really good. All the scans & reports have been sent to him and call me for a visit. My Family DR. is really good, he called me on Good Friday. There is another 10 minute Nuclear Scan they may do. Thanks for the care. Don
  2. ski_bum

    TKR ski_bum's Recovery Thread

    Happy Easter to you as well. You are the Best. Don
  3. ski_bum

    TKR ski_bum's Recovery Thread

    Update after 4 days of Nuclear Scanning. Had a phone call today (yes Good Friday) with my Doctor in regards to report from Nuclear scans. I have had so much blood work, a Synovial Biopsy and everything is negative so the retesting with the Nuclear Scanning was done. Results below. My Doctor...
  4. ski_bum

    Revised PKR to TKR 4+ Months and on the Decline

    I agree with Heel-toe walking. To add my experience, I found walking heel toe while pushing a grocery cart in a super market gave me stability and security from other shoppers. It worked quick for me.
  5. ski_bum

    TKR ski_bum's Recovery Thread

    Layla, thank you. You are the best. Last week I had 3 days of Nuclear Scanning but have not received the results yet. I will update as soon as I know. Fingers crossed for no Osteomyelitis.
  6. ski_bum

    Knee Infection* Adieu

    Good Morning, Responding to your post because your infections, pain similar to me. I will follow you. My second knee is one year old March 31st. I have had pain most everyday. Oct. / Nov. 2022 after so many blood test, X-rays, Family Doctor ordered Nuclear Scanning. After 5 sessions the...
  7. ski_bum

    TKR ski_bum's Recovery Thread

    I think I am posting my update in the right spot. One year for my left knee March 31st. 2023. Have had issues from the first day of second knee replacement, stiffness in hands, toes, knees right after second (left) knee replacement, pain in the knees, hip & back. Had Xray's of my hands checking...
  8. ski_bum

    TKR Start of my knee journey

    You should have watched the OP and listened to the chatter from the care people. When they sliced a slab off my red Tibia bone, someone behind me said, that's a good steak for the Bar-B-Q. Another, you can't take those bones home to your dog tonight. Wish a quick recovery.
  9. ski_bum

    TKR ski_bum's Recovery Thread

    Layla, Thanks for asking. We are having a good ski season, more snow than a lot of mountains. I am skiing 1/2 days. I am not without pain in left knee & stiffness in both knees, completely off Meds. Was favoring the left knee while skiing and the PT said the Quad muscle was not rebuilding so I...
  10. ski_bum

    TKR Knee replacement recovery

    @Peanuts May I suggest you go to a store, take a Shopping Cart, pushing it around telling yourself, Heel / Toe. Worked for me. Good Luck.
  11. ski_bum

    TKR ski_bum's Recovery Thread

    @SkiBum Sorry you are not having a good ski season. BC. Canada has had an early start and very good conditions now that the cold weather left. I have 55 1/2 days so far. By noon the knees are talking. Hope you get out skiing soon. Don
  12. ski_bum

    TKR ski_bum's Recovery Thread

    @Jamie Thank you so much for all your help & wishes. Don
  13. ski_bum

    TKR ski_bum's Recovery Thread

    @Layla Thank you so much. Don
  14. ski_bum

    TKR ski_bum's Recovery Thread

    @Layla Thank you so much for thinking of me. Yes, I got good News, No Infection. Biopsy was totally negative. Working with PT & IT Band, both legs. I can live with the IT Band popping on right leg (no pain, just weird) and no revision. Thank you again for all the help. Don
  15. ski_bum

    TKR ski_bum's Recovery Thread

    Thank you. That is me skiing, knees are working.
Back
Top Bottom