Recent content by skcoj1

  1. S

    THR Wide Awake - Mailman Chases Dogs Away

    Why? You talking to the doctors can also be distracting. I was sedated one time when I had my wisdom teeth removed. The drugs and gas, it was and interesting experience, the sounds of cracking teeth as they are yanked out of my cranium. That was 40+ years ago and at that time I had an...
  2. S

    THR 14 weeks later, UGH!!!

    18 months later. I hope the saga is over. From the day of the hip replacement to today (almost 2 years) I have had 270 medical visits including Dr visits, labs, imaging (x-rays, mir's, and ct scans), massage therapists, acupuncture, chiropractors. Included were 3 RF Ablations, numerous...
  3. S

    TKR Jtmav‘s Journey To Two New Knees

    I remember my first day home. By 10 the home health nurse came by and at 2 the physical therapist showed up. Besides some exercises to test what I have for strength, etc, he had me up and walking. Maybe 2 laps around the house (off course using the walker). He then had me sit and he placed a...
  4. S

    Revision TKR Replacing artificial titanium knees (sell old ones?)

    I would see if you can keep them. Conversation Pieces!!! Paper Weights? Make your own jewelry? I think people are confusing the price of scrap Titanium with Platinum. Situation is similar to how disappointing the value of your gold crowns are. "$10 dollars!!!, I paid $2,500 for that crown!!!"
  5. S

    TKR Something isn’t right..

    My experience with the first day home after the right TKR was that pain killers are not match to the power of ice. Simple as that!!! I was 'kicked' out of the surgery center at 6AM - "NEXT"!!! LOL. That day the home nurse and PT were at my home. WOW!!! No rest for the weary. During the...
  6. S

    Revision THR On my 4th revision for left hip after only 2 years.

    OMG, I am so sorry for the suffering you have gone thru. I thought I was going thru the hip replacement from hell. I haven't had any revisions, but I have gone thru many injections, labs, imaging, PT, lots of Dr visits. Since April 2022 I have had over 200 different visits related to my...
  7. S

    THR Getting anxious

    When I had my right TKR the most pain I felt was because a great deal of heat was being generated at the surgery site. That 1st night home, wow!!! I knew 10 out 10 pain and this was 100 out of 10. I just couldn't get a chill to the area. The surgical dressing was so heavy, a chill couldn't...
  8. S

    THR 14 weeks later, UGH!!!

    Arjay, thank you for those words of advise. I promise not to leave the gate like a race horse.
  9. S

    THR 14 weeks later, UGH!!!

    Wow, what a ride!!! NOT!!! Apparently I am suffering from SI Joint Dysfunction. That slight misstep that threw everything out of whack for so long was diagnosed about 3 months ago. I have been going thru a bunch of diagnostic injections. So, this week I had Radiofrequency Ablation in the...
  10. S

    TKR Surgeon advice - NYC

    Being in Cali, I don't know what's happening NY. Welcome, the only word of advice I can give is 'PREHAB'. Whoever you choose just make sure you 'PREHAB'. You will be so thankful that you stretched and strengthened your body. Knowing what I did and didn't do from my 1st knee replacement, I...
  11. S

    TKR Introducing myself deciding if I should get TKR

    Welcome, the only word of advice I can give is 'PREHAB'. You will be so thankful that you stretched and strengthened your body. Knowing what I did and didn't do from my 1st knee replacement, I made sure to get strong for the 2nd. If you can't walk or ride for exercise, get in the pool. At...
  12. S

    THR 14 weeks later, UGH!!!

    The saga continues!!!! UGH!!! It is 3.5 months and still feeling discomfort. The MRI of the lower back showed a pinched nerve that could be the root of the problem. On the 5th I had an epidural. There was a little relief, I was expecting more. I am doing PT, but I think there's more to it...
  13. S

    Bilateral THR Iliopsoas tenotomy - any experience?

    Wow, this is eerily similar to what I am suffering from. With my issue, 6 weeks post surgery, while walking my foot had a slight scuff on a low dirt mound. I felt something. Now 10 weeks later, the issue is feeling worse. X-rays, CT Scan, and a recent MRI show nothing out of the ordinary...
  14. S

    THR 14 weeks later, UGH!!!

    Thank you all for your well wishes!!!!:cheers:
  15. S

    THR 14 weeks later, UGH!!!

    2 weeks later and no improvement. Had an MRI on Tues. Everything looks good. The Dr has requested an authorization for a MRI of the lower back. Process of elimination, UGH!!! I'm thinking of going to get a 2nd opinion.
Back
Top Bottom