Recent content by Skatie

  1. S

    THR Rthr done, 11/3

    I too had trouble with low blood pressure and often had headaches during hospital stay I believe due to to medications. I stopped taking the narcotic at about day seven and had bad headache I think from stopping cold turkey! It lasted about a day. I also had a major blubbering meltdown my...
  2. S

    THR Lseven Oct 26, '15

    Hi @Lseven i felt similar to you post op. Once I got home I stopped the narcotic at about seven days post op as I felt most of my pain was just muscular and controllable with Tylenol extra strength. However, I promised myself that my first two weeks were just selfishly for surgery rehab and...
  3. S

    THR Skatie reporting for Recovery!

    Hi Everyone - I hit the four week mark today and it has been an interesting week. I have to say at the 3 week mark I felt better than I do today, but I think it is a factor of pushing myself too much. I did start physio a week and a half ago and they are very much in the camp of going slow and...
  4. S

    THR Jumping over a little prematurely, but...

    @Southernbelle i had a sharp pain below my rib cage area for about a week after surgery. I think it was maybe that I pulled a muscle with some of the dry heaving I did when I was nauseated or from trying to pull myself up after surgery. I remember having to hold the area when I was trying to...
  5. S

    THR Skatie reporting for Recovery!

    Well here I am 13 days out. About 3 days ago I stopped taking the Dilauded as my pain has really diminished to sore/achy muscular pains that can be held in check with Tylenol Extra Strength. I had the 40 staples removed this morning and found that to be uncomfortable, but I have a weak...
  6. S

    THR Slapstep made it!

    Keep up the positivity Pete. Great family support which is ever so helpful. There will be good and bad days ahead but you are on the road to recovery and sounding great! I am at 12 days post op and am so impressed how quickly I felt improvements after about day 6!
  7. S

    THR Iliopsoas tendonitis post THR

    Praying for a good recovery! Hang in there. The first couple of days are the toughest!
  8. S

    Left hip THR scheduled in October

    @slapstep and @Just4mules i had right THR on Oct 8. I had problems with nausea, low blood pressure and when they took me off IV and tried the normal pill pain killer of Percocet that my doctor uses well that was a disaster on My system. So it took another day of trying other options along with...
  9. S

    THR Skatie reporting for Recovery!

    Thanks everyone, I feel much better after shower this morning and felt more secure than I thought I would. I had hubby stay in bathroom until out and then had him change dressing. It's a long scar with about 30 staples so I think he may be a little more respecting of what I went through! I had...
  10. S

    THR Skatie reporting for Recovery!

    Day 6 and feeling surprisingly well. From what I've read there are a lot of up and downs so am cautiously optimistic! I slept another six hours Each night I go to bed feeling drained and queasy. I take one dilauded and two Tylenol nite. The day started out with an unassisted BM! Yeah me...
  11. S

    THR Skatie reporting for Recovery!

    Well back home yesterday after a four night stay. Finally blood pressure got up and they found pain medication that works. I had a great nurse the day before I left and he insisted that I don't leave until the doctors preset discharge orders were chained from Percocet to dilauded and that I...
  12. S

    THR Skatie reporting for Recovery!

    Dilauded seems to be much better for me. The gravol has made me sleepy but probably 100% necessary to ward off the nausea. I made it down the hall and to the dreaded steps! Went up and down twice. I need a crutch instead if the cane. The cane seems so unstable at this point! I am being shamed...
  13. S

    THR Skatie reporting for Recovery!

    I insisted on seeing charge nurse this morning to tell her my trials and concerns. She was ticked that the night nurse didn't give me gravol with the Percocet based on my history (there is a whole range of nursing care I'm finding!). She said she'd call pain control for advise so. So I'm trying...
  14. S

    THR Skatie reporting for Recovery!

    Morning Nurse suggested I should try Percocet again with gravol at same time. Very cautious about this. But I feel like I've taken a step back as trying to do the physio and walking without the help of a stronger med is not going so well. @Josephine any advice from your perspective?
  15. S

    THR Skatie reporting for Recovery!

    After the Gravol I was given two Tylenol XS and a sleeping pill. I slept from midnight to five but now am trying the physio in bed and certainly more stuff and muscles are painful without the stronger iv meds. Should I try Percocet agin but with gravol at the same time I also asked to see the...
Back
Top Bottom