@bsilvers my flexibility has dramatically improved since the surgery. I'm not doing the splits but considering I couldn't even squat properly before the surgery it's been dramatic. Some of the guys in the club commented on the fact that they have their real hips and couldn't sit in the squat the...
Bsilvers perthes3man How's things going with you both?
I'm now back rolling and training as normal. In fact I have to remind myself every now and again that I've had both my hips replaced.
I'm still not running a lot not because I couldn't but because its a decision I've made in order to...
@Cisne Hi Michele
What martial art do you study? A return really is possible the key is to be patient after you surgery. Don't expect to much to soon. Stick with the PT. Once you have your restrictions lifted by your surgeon start to do some stretching and mobility work but start very slowly...
@bsilvers Hi Brian
Hope your well and your training is going good. Im now back training and sparring with no really problems apart from my Jiu jitsu being so poor because of the long lay off. The odd time I would get a dull pain in my recently operated hip. It feels like sciatica but when i get...
@bsilvers Brian
Yeah it feels like the muscles or tendons are holding me back. I know the surgeon cut tendons and then fixed them again and to be honest thats what it feels like is the main problem. If I raise myself up on yoga blocks I can sit comfortable in it. Which I have been doing and I...
@bsilvers
Brian sounds like your doing extremely well I would love to get to 110 degrees!! I know now I will in the end because now when I stretch it feels like stretching instead of bones just locking. I'm having trouble sitting up straight while trying to to the butterfly stretch and similar...
@bsilvers Sorry I don't didn't reply quickly but I don't seem to get the emails from the forum to update me. I just notice when I check the site every now and again.
Trainings all going good Im still finding my way again at BJJ. I try to do as many techniques as I can that my coach is covering...
@bsilvers
Funny you should ask I started back yesterday at a fundamental class. I was amazed at how much better my movement in certain plains was but it is still poor in others. I was able to do the warm up with little trouble. Then it was some guard passing i found moving from combat base to...
@perthes3man Hi hows your recover going? Did you make it back to BJJ yet? As always great advice from @bsilvers
I haven't been gave any stretches from physio. I had my operations on the NHS and over here as long as you can walk and manage stairs that will be the last time you see a physio.
I...
Hi @perthes3man I know what you mean about the guard being passed but I think its a matter of working on flexibility and strengthening the hip muscles. But more importantly its about choosing training partner that you can trust that will not try and smash your guard to pass it. They should...
Hi @charley86 I'm 38 and I've had one of my hips replaced on 12th Sept 2014 and the other 2 weeks ago on the 8th January 2015. I am a very active person I train Brazilian Jiu jitsu, weight train and used to run a lot. I suffered terribly after my first surgery. I was being sick and in extreme...
This I'm sure has probably been covered before somewhere on this forum but I can't seem to find it. I'm 6 days post op. Has anyone ever moved or turned the wrong way following THR surgery and felt like have maybe put their hip replacement at risk of dislocation.
For example last night while...
I had my surgery 4 days ago. I was just standing do some PT which was leg raises to the side of my operated hip. At about the 3 rep I heard and felt a pop or snap in my hip. I stopped after I heard it. There was no pain and I was then able to finish the set of 10.
Should I be worried about...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.