Recent content by shugaplum

  1. shugaplum

    THR Guess Who?!

    Hi All! I had a BoneSmart ad pop up on my facebook feed and realized that I haven't checked in AGES! This past fall was 10 years since my THR (can you believe it?!) and I feel great. My life is drastically different than when I had my surgery. I am still happily married, our son is now 7...
  2. shugaplum

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    Glad to help!! I definitely think that pose is do-able... I found I had weird tightness in various places as I healed just from my gait normalizing, etc. It will get there!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  3. shugaplum

    THR I'm on the other side!!

    Hello! I figured I would share my perspective on the range of motion question. I have a large diameter head on my implant to allow extra range, but I do have some limitations. I just seem to know that it's the hip, it feels different than a muscle tightness. I have a great range, I actually went...
  4. shugaplum

    Pregnant Bilateral here

    I'm sure you'll do great! I'm sorry to hear you've been in pain. I had to use a heating pad quite a bit, probably more than my ob preferred. I definitely found it more important to be in good health to care for my baby and that meant taking the surgical route. We go through so much to get our...
  5. shugaplum

    Pregnant Bilateral here

    Hello!! Yes, I had my son three years after my rthr. I had increasing pain throughout the joint. I stayed in touch with my surgeon throughout and he felt confident that the shifting body changes and additional weight were to blame. He was right and I've had no long term issues. My son...
  6. shugaplum

    Shugaplum- Five Year Hippaversary!

    I don't mind at all! Thank you for checking with me :) Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. shugaplum

    Shugaplum- Five Year Hippaversary!

    Thank you! I'm glad I could help inspire your journeys and hope you are feeling fantastic!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. shugaplum

    Shugaplum- Five Year Hippaversary!

    Thank you! He's such a joy :) it's hard to imagine what my life was like prior to THR and how far I've come. I never thought this was possible to be pain free, happily married, and mommy to such a great kid. The surgery literally gave me my life back. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. shugaplum

    Shugaplum- Five Year Hippaversary!

    Hopefully that worked!! This was him a few weeks ago! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. shugaplum

    Shugaplum- Five Year Hippaversary!

    Hello Josephine! I was hoping you would stop by and say hello!! Heavens, those pics feel like they were taken ages ago!! I'm so glad you're using them and that they can inspire others to find the solution to their pain :) I'm on my phone and will have to figure out how to post a picture of him!
  11. shugaplum

    Shugaplum- Five Year Hippaversary!

    That's awesome! Congrats on the new hip and improved quality of life! Padgett is fantastic, I'm glad you had a good experience :)
  12. shugaplum

    Shugaplum- Five Year Hippaversary!

    I had just turned 26 when I had my thr. I had had a surgery about 1.5 years prior to clean out some cysts from which I suffered nerve damage and really struggled to find normalcy. I had a standard posterior approach with metal on plastic. My surgeon used a larger diameter prosthesis to ensure I...
  13. shugaplum

    Shugaplum- Five Year Hippaversary!

    Hello all my lovely hipster friends! I'm sorry it's been so long since I've been on here. Life is always crazy and quite honestly I spend a lot of time forgetting I ever had hip problems. September 14th marked five years for me! I know you will be sad to hear that I am no longer dancing- I...
  14. shugaplum

    THR It's almost baby time :)

    Hello all!! Oliver Ian was born on January 4th and is doing well. I'm still at the hospital recovering but this is 10 times easier than learning to walk on a new hip! I will try to get on and post more details once we are all home and settled but wanted to give the update that he is here and...
  15. shugaplum

    THR Doing it Alone

    Hello again! I just wanted to comment on the leg length discrepancy. I felt like I was walking on a ship for weeks and weeks after my surgery! My right leg used to be shorter and after my surgery I would have sworn they added inches to that leg! But it did eventually even out...remember that...
Back
Top Bottom