Recent content by shr

  1. shr

    TKR Postponed my Surgery

    As has been pointed out synvisc and cortisone shots can buy you some time but you have to ask yourself why. I delayed my first knee replacement until I was over 60 but probably should've done it about a year earlier. I was competing in the Scottish Highland Games and decided on replacement when...
  2. shr

    PKR JusticeRider’s rehab adventure

    Congrats on the anniversary and best of luck with the foot!
  3. shr

    TKR Steve's LTKR 2022.07.18 Recovery

    I'm more concerned about major trauma than wearing out one of my knees. I do limit my jogging because of the potential for excessive wear. I retired from motorcycling because a minor accident for a normal knee could be major with the artificial ones. The procedures for my knees sacrificed the...
  4. shr

    TKR Steve's LTKR 2022.07.18 Recovery

    Thanks All. Plenty of summer left here in Texas. We joke that our four seasons are December, January, February and Summer.
  5. shr

    TKR Steve's LTKR 2022.07.18 Recovery

    If I'm not rehabbing something, I'm prehabbing in anticipation of the future.
  6. shr

    TKR Steve's LTKR 2022.07.18 Recovery

    Two years on the new knee and it's still going strong! The only real limitation these days is taking care to avoid damaging the implants. I had a hiatal hernia repair surgery in March and cataract surgery in April which have been more limiting. Don't want to blow anything out!
  7. shr

    PKR JusticeRider’s rehab adventure

    I've had hiatal hernia surgery and am doing well. My surgeon released me last week though he advised me to add load cautiously as I'm still just mostly healed.
  8. shr

    PKR JusticeRider’s rehab adventure

    Good to see that you knee and hip are doing well. Sorry about the foot, there's always something as we get older. My knees are now doing great but I'm now dealing with a hiatal hernia and cataracts.
  9. shr

    TKR Steve's LTKR 2022.07.18 Recovery

    Just realized I'd passed the 18 month anniversary for my new knee without thinking about it. It's still doing great.
  10. shr

    TKR Steve's LTKR 2022.07.18 Recovery

    My new knee is a bit over 15 months old and still doing well. I celebrated by competng in the Tactical Strength Challenge which has changed a little under new management. I pulled a 335# deadlift, did 3 pullups that failed TSC judging criteria and did 16 snatches with a 24kg kettlebell in the 5...
  11. shr

    TKR SkiBum's recovery

    My new knee hasn't been crunchy though my 12 year old one still is. Both are often achy when I get up in the morning but they work themselves out with movement. Best of luck with this.
  12. shr

    TKR Steve's LTKR 2022.07.18 Recovery

    I'm jogging mostly on asphalt pavement with some grass and crush rock in places, almost no concrete.
  13. shr

    TKR Steve's LTKR 2022.07.18 Recovery

    Thanks @JusticeRider I'm approaching jogging cautiously using the slow jogging method. The midfoot strike seems to have a much lower impact than a heel strike. We'll see how it goes.
  14. shr

    TKR Steve's LTKR 2022.07.18 Recovery

    I haven't been measuring very regularly, but when I do I use an infrared thermometer to measure forehead temperature then both knees.
  15. shr

    TKR Steve's LTKR 2022.07.18 Recovery

    New knee is still generally running about a degree warmer than the other though one day recently it was 4 degrees warmer.
Back
Top Bottom