Recent content by Shhh

  1. S

    THR Shh, hip replacement

    I had both hips replaced, anterior approach in 2015. I came back here because I thought something may be wrong with my new hip but it must have been a huge muscle cramp. That being said, I have started to hike again and yesterday walked up a steep incline. It wasn't the first time I've done this...
  2. S

    THR THR June 23 Dropped like a hot potato

    The bad bracelet is one the nurses put on your wrist if you have gotten out of bed. It means high risk. I don't want anyone thinking that getting out of bed is a good idea. It's not! I had my right hip replaced a couple of months ago and didn't get out of bed. Of course, I had not been given...
  3. S

    THR THR June 23 Dropped like a hot potato

    Patients have done that while waiting too long to use the restroom.One of the aides asked my husband if I had done that since I asked for fresh water in a new container. I had put my partial in it, not wanting to hear another word about falling. It definitely doesnt always go as planned. The...
  4. S

    THR THR June 23 Dropped like a hot potato

    Oh how I wish I could go back to November 10th. Would things have went differently if I would have been able to be quiet in rhe recovery area? I remember coming to and trying to move my leg but it wouldn't move. I remember a nurse asking if I was in pain. I remember yelling that I didn't want...
  5. S

    THR THR June 23 Dropped like a hot potato

    That will be my excuse for not shaving pumpkin! I will show my support! Jaycee, I was told not to shave in the pre op class at the joint center but that was with hip number one. They didn't make me do the class again but now I think maybe I should have. I believe it may have been two weeks. The...
  6. S

    THR THR June 23 Dropped like a hot potato

    I am sure anyone will see this. I havent posted in a while because of life. That and the fact that my hip has been healing so well that I forget that it's a replacement. There are times that I twist the wrong way and am reminfed though! I am less than a week away from hip number two. I have a...
  7. S

    THR THR June 23 Dropped like a hot potato

    I am so happy with my new hip! I have a date November 10th, for my left hip to go!
  8. S

    THR THR June 23 Dropped like a hot potato

    Feeling better every day. I am taking walks, exercising and peddling with minimal pain in my leg. I can also roll over onto my stomach, which was nice last week on the pool float. My backside finally felt the warmth of the sun! I still have day's when I hurt but now it is coming from my left...
  9. S

    THR Still limping after surgery'

    Omg, I would not know where to start @Mary Jayne! Lol. Here is a mini haha for you though.. I was wheeled into the operating room, feeling very relaxed after the first shot of whatever they gave me in the iv. Anyway, I looked at the surgical table (which I did not research before surgery) and as...
  10. S

    THR Still limping after surgery'

    Hi @Mary Jayne! I also had my thr on June 23rd. Good luck in your recovery! I limp when I am not paying attention to every step I take! It is like I am learning to walk all over again. Takes time. My activity level goes up without pain when I allow myself to take one percoset. Funny how that...
  11. S

    THR THR June 23 Dropped like a hot potato

    Thank you for replying. Yes @Poppet, I think it caused soft tissue stretching which I guess is not a bad thing if you are in pt sessions! :) like @agileHippie! I need to eat more brussel sprouts! I read your nutrition articles at 4 weeks but need to read again. I do believe we help our bodies...
  12. S

    THR THR June 23 Dropped like a hot potato

    Not sure anyone will see this but I have a question. Tonight I was so excited that my sister called that I forgot about my new hip and laid on my stomach in the bed. Not quite a jump, kind of like a tree falling....lol. It didn't hurt bad but feels like I stretched my incision. Is it ok to lay...
  13. S

    THR Recovery slow due to bursitis and other muscle pain

    I had bursitis at 6 weeks. I saw the nurse practitioner at the practice and she said it was not uncommon after THR, since it is an inflammation. Can you take nsaids? I was told to take the mobic I had been prescribed previously. Stretching also helps but don't do anything that hurts. Good luck...
  14. S

    THR THR June 23 Dropped like a hot potato

    Best day so far! I watched my nephew for 7 hours. So not alot of sitting. Also took him to Chuck e Cheese, which is basically a small child's arcade/restaurant. Only thing that bothered my hip was the plastic seating. Pushed myself to take my nightly walk. Wasn't so much that I was hurting, I...
  15. S

    THR THR June 23 Dropped like a hot potato

    @Suzette, I am feeling better. So glad you are! Was thinking of you earlier today. Isn't it funny how you can be on a forum and think of other's and have well wishes for them without meeting? I still have numbness and am afraid to let my husband or dog touch my leg because if it is pressed...
Back
Top Bottom