Recent content by Sherwooky

  1. Sherwooky

    TKR Foot numbness, tingling, zingers

    Thank you! I just started seeing a pain specialist who prescribed me Gabapentin. Unfortunately, it’s not giving me much relief or sleep at night. During the day it frequently knocks me out. Go figure! I’m not afraid to see a neuro guy. Went to one some years back for my restless legs and he...
  2. Sherwooky

    TKR Foot numbness, tingling, zingers

    Oh, that’s frustrating to hear! I was thinking I would start out by doing my standing exercises in the pool, some bicycling holding onto two kick boards (they don’t have noodles) and then if my foot can tolerate it, some walking with my fins on, followed by some gentle supine kicking with my...
  3. Sherwooky

    TKR Foot numbness, tingling, zingers

    Thank you! The Gabapentin is working to a certain extent, but I’m going to have to start taking it in the daytime also. Frustrating and hoping it will be short-term. On the other hand, or knee to be more exact, all my steri strips have fallen off and the incision appears to be closed. So I’m...
  4. Sherwooky

    TKR Foot numbness, tingling, zingers

    @benne68 this. Hart is interesting and informative. Thank you for providing it!
  5. Sherwooky

    TKR Foot numbness, tingling, zingers

    @hawk2go yes, I do have access to a portal. I will definitely check with them. Thank you!
  6. Sherwooky

    TKR Foot numbness, tingling, zingers

    I’m also wondering, does anyone know if I would be better putting heat or ice on my foot?
  7. Sherwooky

    TKR Foot numbness, tingling, zingers

    Figured I would start a new thread here since the other one was getting a bit long, and because this is a switch from all that old gobbledygook! I saw the pain doctor yesterday, and he put me on Gabapentin. He also wants me to get an MRI because he thinks that my recent bout with sciatica...
  8. Sherwooky

    TKR Foot numbness, tingling, zingers

    @Jamie I have to say, I am truly at my wits end. Last night the pain was so bad I pounded my walker on the ground and at one point slammed it into my closet (luckily I live alone!). I truly wanted to just throw things! I have tried a heating pad on my back, and while it is comforting and...
  9. Sherwooky

    TKR Foot numbness, tingling, zingers

    Usually I have been better during the day, but the last couple of days the nerve pain has been bad during the day too. A friend suggested wearing my shoe to bed. I don’t know if I’m going to do that or not, but I will say the foot feels better With the shoe on. I am thinking I will try to wear...
  10. Sherwooky

    TKR Foot numbness, tingling, zingers

    I don’t know what to say exactly. My surgeon said he would take good care of me, not to worry. But that care, with the exception of wound observation and care, seems to end at the surgery door. For as many times as I have called, he will not prescribe anything. Part of the problem appears to be...
  11. Sherwooky

    TKR Foot numbness, tingling, zingers

    They didn't really say anything, other than setting up the appointment. I’m praying for something to be done.
  12. Sherwooky

    TKR Foot numbness, tingling, zingers

    I had a really good night last night. Tonight, everything is firing, it’s painful having the sheet or blanket touch my foot and I can’t sleep because everything is just alive and angry. I see a pain specialist Monday. Does anyone know how this will work? Is he just going to evaluate me and then...
  13. Sherwooky

    TKR Foot numbness, tingling, zingers

    I thought I would update y’all: I cut back on the walking and things did improve. Still having some very bothersome tingling in foot and nerve zingers. Had outside Physical Therapy for the first time yesterday. Things generally went well with that. Therapist did a lot of movement with my knee...
  14. Sherwooky

    TKR Foot numbness, tingling, zingers

    Yeah, I may be overdoing it. I live alone and have not wanted to be a burden. I do use my Walker, and a cane when I go up or down stairs. I will step up the icing. I will try things differently tomorrow and see how it goes.
  15. Sherwooky

    TKR Foot numbness, tingling, zingers

    @Jamie I usually take an ice pack to bed at night. I have a gel one that seems to stay cool all night. I ice after exercise, usually I do my exercises around 10:30 or 11 in the morning, then at 2:30 in the afternoon. Ice for at least 30 minutes in each time. I also ice in the evening when I’m...
Back
Top Bottom