Recent content by SherrieT

  1. SherrieT

    Bilateral PKR One Year Update

    Will an admin change title to "One Year Update"? Thank you One year ago today I got my new knees. I walk miles and miles, ride my bike and generally do what I want. I've been knocked over by a bicyclist at Leicester Square in London and fallen on an ice slicked field in Rhode Island and my...
  2. SherrieT

    Bilateral TKR Journey of a lifetime begins

    I will be 10 months out from my BTKR on Dec 1. I just spent 3 weeks in London, walking up to 10 miles a day. Just listen to your knees. They will let you know when you are overdoing it. But first you need to get your initial surgery recover over with. Ice and toes over nose elevating should be...
  3. SherrieT

    TKR SpaceGirl - Blasting off to new knees (staged)

    So good to hear from you! And what a wonderful report
  4. SherrieT

    TKR Second TKR, struggling<

    @Harli B - I am sorry this has happened to you. @SusieShoes was right. I did have a nasty fall. I had my BTKR on Feb 1, 2018. Was having an incredible recovery. Then 2 weeks later I lost my balance on our mudroom steps and fell on my knees onto concrete floor. Ended up sitting on my heels. I...
  5. SherrieT

    Bilateral TKR Vicky's recovery thread <<

    My perception of leg being straight was also thrown off by by my incision being a bit on the side of each leg. And be wary of anyone, this early in your recovery, who tells you something will not change. It could change once you slow down on all that pt. Let your knees tell you when they are up...
  6. SherrieT

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    YES YES YES. I have always been a slow walker. Even when younger. Can I walk faster then pre-op? Yes and with no pain. But fast is not my natural pace. I can skidaddle and catch up, just like I always had to do when younger, but I’m not suddenly something that I wasn’t before the arthritis hit...
  7. SherrieT

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    @mlwreader good to hear from you. I find that I spend less and less time on board as the time goes by. It is a tiny bit easier to loose weight when we can actually move. And your stair climbing has really come along !! Been in UK a bit over a week now and what a difference from last year...
  8. SherrieT

    Bilateral PKR One Year Update

    Hope your knees get there soon. My phone automatically made the adj Sunday morning. One more hour of sleep:) :-) (:
  9. SherrieT

    Bilateral PKR One Year Update

    Thursday will be 9 months since new knees. Last year I took dream vacation to London and didn't know I had knees with "significant arthritis" until I got home, went to doctor and told them how I couldn't hardly walk by the end of my trip. It really effected my enjoyment of trip. Ended up with...
  10. SherrieT

    Post Op Pain vs Pre Op Pain

    What surprised me the most was the, pre-op, I would be told to take Tylenol and it did NOTHING for pain. Post op (after initial surgery pain was over) I would take Tylenol and it WORKED! Good luck and wishing you an uneventful surgery and recovery :loll:
  11. SherrieT

    Bilateral PKR One Year Update

    Past Monday was 8 months post op and it just keeps getting better and better. I can do so much more than I do because I keep forgetting that I can do them now! Riding my bike and also making adjustments on my stationary bike has been most helpful. In order to have my bike seat at a level where...
  12. SherrieT

    TKR Eeek’s recovery thread.

    @Eeek Sometimes I just want to yell "Patience my butt. I want it all to go away and be normal !!!!"
  13. SherrieT

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    So wonderful to hear how you are doing. I know our knees aren't to 100% yet but isn't it grand?!?
  14. SherrieT

    Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

    That sounds like heaven !!
  15. SherrieT

    Bilateral PKR One Year Update

    Well it's about time!! I will be 8 months post op on Oct 1st but today is the first day I have ridden my big-butt cruiser bike. I've been doing my stationary bike since very early in recovery and I thought it would be good practice for this but NO. My stationary bikes pedals and seats are so...
Back
Top Bottom