SherrieT
senior
6 months post op today !
@SusieShoes - I think I've just been looking for excuses as to why I'm still having issues with both knees, right is worse than left. This hot, humid weather is really bad for the soul. It just drags you down. I've mostly been able to keep up with my walking Bashi 3 times a day and getting my 10 K steps in but now even Bashi doesn't want to go outside that often. I may have to just leave her home for the mid-day walk as she does everything she needs to on morning and evening walk and she just looks at me like "not again?" when I take her for mid-day walk. I can walk quicker without her also.
My quads were firing from day one but I think I'm at a point where I have to work to stretch them more. It seems like that is where my issues are. They are still too tight. Those enthesophytes more than likely have nothing to do with it. Just me trying to blame it on something other than my innate laziness. The walking doesn't seem to be working to help them, even when I elongate my stride. Now just to work up the enthusiasm to do the work. Ugh...
@SusieShoes - I think I've just been looking for excuses as to why I'm still having issues with both knees, right is worse than left. This hot, humid weather is really bad for the soul. It just drags you down. I've mostly been able to keep up with my walking Bashi 3 times a day and getting my 10 K steps in but now even Bashi doesn't want to go outside that often. I may have to just leave her home for the mid-day walk as she does everything she needs to on morning and evening walk and she just looks at me like "not again?" when I take her for mid-day walk. I can walk quicker without her also.
My quads were firing from day one but I think I'm at a point where I have to work to stretch them more. It seems like that is where my issues are. They are still too tight. Those enthesophytes more than likely have nothing to do with it. Just me trying to blame it on something other than my innate laziness. The walking doesn't seem to be working to help them, even when I elongate my stride. Now just to work up the enthusiasm to do the work. Ugh...
United States
If you want to work on your tight quads, though, you can do so at this point as long as your knees are pain-free and don't swell after some exercise. Elongating your stride while walking is great for extension (hamstrings) but doesn't work the same magic for quads. Stairs and other motions requiring some bend are better.
I need to do some quad strengthening too. I'm sure you'll be really happy to see your grandchildren, and no face-time isn't the same as being there, but it really is nice though.
and wanted to know if I still used training wheels.
