Recent content by Shellbell

  1. Shellbell

    RTKR scheduled for Nov. 25th. Counting down the seconds.

    @Lovestoread Yes, it will be in DesMoines! Gah! I wish I could sleep! Only 2 hours til it's time to wake up and get ready to go to the hospital. I don't feel nervous...just can't sleep. Oh well. I'll get plenty of rest soon RTKR November 25th, 2014
  2. Shellbell

    RTKR scheduled for Nov. 25th. Counting down the seconds.

    Sweet!!! I wish I had more to do!! Watching the clock is driving me crazy!!! I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 am (CT). We will leave around 5:45. I'll try to go to bed early but can't imagine being able to sleep at all. We've done all this waiting and then the surgery is going to just fly...
  3. Shellbell

    TKR in a "youngster"

    I had the exact same problems with my brace. Waste of money. RTKR November 25th, 2014
  4. Shellbell

    TKR in a "youngster"

    Hi Lori! I'm 41 and go in for my RTKR tomorrow morning at 7. I totally understand where you're coming from. My knee problems started about 10 years ago. I started having pain in my knee and after a few years of pain I decided to finally see somebody about it. I had an MRI and x-rays and they...
  5. Shellbell

    RTKR scheduled for Nov. 25th. Counting down the seconds.

    Oops!!! I sent that before I was done Hows everybody doin? I'm so excited and so nervous. I've done everything I can possibly do today to be ready and now I'm just sitting here feeling like I should be doing something more. I suppose I should maybe rest a little. I haven't been sleeping much at...
  6. Shellbell

    RTKR scheduled for Nov. 25th. Counting down the seconds.

    @SuperSnapper, @Wilma, @eldon, @Marciebp RTKR November 25th, 2014
  7. Shellbell

    RTKR scheduled for Nov. 25th. Counting down the seconds.

    I absolutely can't believe it's Sunday night already!!! Craaaaazy. It's super rainy here (Iowa) today so I haven't been out much. I got lots of cleaning done and have my list made for tomorrow. Crazy how time flies. I'm watching Groundhog Day with my knee up. It's been so achy today. Tired of...
  8. Shellbell

    RTKR scheduled for Nov. 25th. Counting down the seconds.

    Thanks!! I'm beyond excited. RTKR November 25th, 2014
  9. Shellbell

    RTKR scheduled for Nov. 25th. Counting down the seconds.

    Well, talked with the nurse at the hospital today and went over my current meds and health history and got a tentative time to be at the hospital. Looks like 6:45 and I'm his 2nd surgery. So that pretty much rocks. I was hoping for an early time. They said that could change so they'll call me...
  10. Shellbell

    LTKR - 25th November - support really welcome

    @eldon Happy Birthday!!! What a cool thing...a new knee for your birthday! Probably the best gift ever :) I hope your day is full of sunshine and love and warmth ( wind chills here are below zero today). RTKR November 25th, 2014
  11. Shellbell

    LTKR - 25th November - support really welcome

    Hi all! It sounds like you all have it figured out. I'm trying to stay well with kiddos sick at home. Obsessive hand washing, I think, is the key. I have my bag packed. I received my CPM machine yesterday. Looks like that will be beneficial. I received my reacher and big gel ice pack yesterday...
  12. Shellbell

    RTKR scheduled for Nov. 25th. Counting down the seconds.

    Oh my gosh!! I'm so excited for you! I'll be thinking about you and praying for a PERFECT surgery and recovery! Yay! RTKR November 25th, 2014
  13. Shellbell

    Going to have to walk the talk

    Excited for those of you having surgery tomorrow! I'll say a prayer for you! You'll do great! Yay! RTKR November 25th, 2014
  14. Shellbell

    TKR 11/11/2014 - my recovery journal

    Hi all! I am loving reading all of your thoughts and experiences! I can't describe how valuable your words are to me. Hearing about your recovery makes me feel like I can actually do this. 6 more sleeps. It seems like forever away but time will fly. I feel really ready. I have a few things to do...
Back
Top Bottom