Recent content by Shanari

  1. Shanari

    TKR 09-11 Cheerbubble Thread

    I saw my doc a week ago and he released me, I go back for a recheck and xray in one year. They then will take xrays every 2 years unless I'm symptomatic, and they compare wear patterns and how well that spacer is doing in between the metal parts. I lost 20 lbs. from my 1 week after-surgery check...
  2. Shanari

    TKR 09-11 Cheerbubble Thread

    It's so smooooooth! I love how well I walk with the shopping cart!
  3. Shanari

    TKR 09-11 Cheerbubble Thread

    Here's a weird but happy thing, I just got done grocery shopping and I was able to stand tall and upright, pushing the cart around the store. Usually, I was leaning over the handle very quickly because knees were so sore, and even in the time when I had one done and the other not, I leaned...
  4. Shanari

    TKR 09-11 Cheerbubble Thread

    Oh ouch! that would make all the difference! mine's automatic, otherwise I'm certain I could not make it.
  5. Shanari

    TKR 09-11 Cheerbubble Thread

    It is exactly 3 weeks right now from my right TKA, I was wheeled into the operating room around 8:45 and out by 10! I just drove for the first time, unfortunately taking my Jeep in to the shop to get fixed, but it was a drive. It counts!!! yay!!
  6. Shanari

    TKR 09-11 Cheerbubble Thread

    Yes, she can see directly into my living room, I can see the front of her home and when her kids are outside playing! My Christmas this year was almost entirely online, because I knew I wouldn't have the stamina to do much, so I believe I have personally kept Amazon, Kohl's and Sam's Club in...
  7. Shanari

    TKR 09-11 Cheerbubble Thread

    Well, recovery physically has been going quite well. My right knee is almost two weeks ahead of the progress my left one made, according to PT, measurements, and function, which is fine. It's lovely. But I got hit with the whammy of depression and so that part has really stunk. I'm an...
  8. Shanari

    TKR 09-11 Cheerbubble Thread

    Here's the funny thing, she is literally my across-the-street neighbor. Her house is a split level, so hr living room looks down and into my living room! she teases me (not seriously) that she counts along with me as I do my exercises at home. I feel that I may be receiving extra special care...
  9. Shanari

    TKR 09-11 Cheerbubble Thread

    Well, I had my first official PT on Tuesday and it was GOOD. I really like the machine that super slowly moves your leg out straight, then slowly back in. It's not a CPM, has a different name, but is basically the same idea - Bio-Ex? something along those lines. Getting back in the Jeep after PT...
  10. Shanari

    TKR Feeling the pain

    YOU are AMAZING!!! what a recovery you are having! Enjoy it, don't take it for granted, but dang, sir, ENJOY it!!!
  11. Shanari

    TKR PCL release post TKR<<

    Someone up above said, "It doesn't matter when you sleep as long as you sleep!" and I am just chiming in on the wisdom of this!!! I am still sleeping in my recliner because it does recline back far enough to elevate my knees post-surgery. Started off that way after TKR #1 in September, and have...
  12. Shanari

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    I like the notion of a turtle's club. RE: eyes, I'm going to try to get by with just inexpensive cheaters rather than shelling out on a pair in a decent frame, just as long as I can, in hopes that my eyes will improve eventually, the longer I get out from dilaudid and the heavy-hitters last...
  13. Shanari

    TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

    Yes! great minds think alike? :D
  14. Shanari

    TKR 09-11 Cheerbubble Thread

    Well, I'm off the bigger drugs and very able to say "NO" or Hell NO now...lol. The way my last knee worked with PT was regular but gentle, and I liked it. It made me feel better but there was not a crazy focus on ROM.
  15. Shanari

    TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

    I experience the tightening and firmness of the muscle as a muscle spasm, you perhaps could ask your docs if that is what you are experiencing? There are meds that will help with the spasms IF that's what's happening to you. If it's swelling due to overuse, you just will need to back it off, use...
Back
Top Bottom