Recent content by Senny

  1. S

    TKR Cry baby

    Hi people. Thanks for your replies. Going back to work was tiring for the first two days, especially the second day but I'm glad I'm at work as it's good to have a routine. I wasn't so tired today in spite of lack of sleep. I do cry sometimes when I'm so tired and desperate for sleep...
  2. S

    TKR Cry baby

    I went to see the surgeon today for a follow up. He asked me to hold my leg out straight and then bend it. He was really pleased with it, sent me away to come back in 5 months. Also, I've been back at work two days. Thought it would help me sleep better but alas it's not to be.
  3. S

    TKR Cry baby

    Hi Sweetadder. It's funny you should mention popsicles. We've been stuffing the freezer with those and some creamy ones called 'coco nutter' which are creamy vanilla flavoured (all natural). They are a comfort, a bit like thumb sucking.
  4. S

    TKR Cry baby

    Thank you Chicklet and Sweetadder; it must be the lack of sleep. I used to love going to bed to have a read before settling down but it's become the enemy. I might try the gummies. Sounds pleasant. Watch this space.
  5. S

    TKR Cry baby

    Hi all. Haven't been on for a few days. Can't shake off depression My knee is healing fine. Bending really well. Taking less analgesic. Restless leg no longer a problem. I feel a bit breathless when out and about but I expect that. There's nothing to keep me awake at night but I struggle...
  6. S

    TKR Cry baby

    Hi everyone I really cant handle this weather. I'm an autumn/winter person. I could happily live in Iceland. Some of my friends moved there and they love it. Anyway, back to knees. I'm doing stuff without thinking: putting one foot in front of the other when climbing stairs, sitting down...
  7. S

    TKR Cry baby

    Hi I'm still only taking paracetamol. I am improving apart from occasionally getting out of breath and tired, I'm glad to say. My biggest problem is at nights when my leg gets restless. Can anyone suggest a topical gel that won't irritate the scar?
  8. S

    TKR Cry baby

    Yesterday I went by taxi with my daughter and granddaughter to a new dermatology unit in Luton - my granddaughter suffers with eczema and had an appt. When we got there I was confronted with 6 flights of stairs and no lift! I took my time and managed it with one crutch and a lot of complaining...
  9. S

    TKR Cry baby

    Hi Do I need to worry about my ankle which has swollen up quite badly for the first time since op. Is it normal to happen five weeks on?
  10. S

    TKR Cry baby

    I am having an awful day. Both knees are stiff. Fighting off cystitis (second time since op) which is guaranteed to drive me insane. At the end of my fifth week I thought I could see some improvement but it's just life conning me. I just can't stop crying and wondering what is the point. And...
  11. S

    TKR Cry baby

    Hi DebCoz. I think the tramadol affected me physically - I just didn't realise it at the time. Opiates are deadly for some of us. It definitely set me back. My appetite is coming back. Still a bit wobbly. I actually watched some tv today for the first time in five weeks. I missed my return...
  12. S

    TKR Cry baby

    Well I moved home on Monday. Not something I would recommend during early recovery. Too dependent on others. Even though I didn't do much, it was exhausting. It would be so wonderful just to be able to sleep at night. ........
  13. S

    TKR Cry baby

    I was not given any classes to attend pre-op. A group of us came for pre-med and were given antiseptic hair and body wash, a list of cut off times for food/fluid intake, and told to purchase an Ikea extra long shoe horn (which I have never used but am keeping it anyway to whack the next pt I...
  14. S

    TKR Cry baby

    I have noticed that tkr'ers do go through it again for the other knee. I was unprepared and I'm not saying it will be better for me second time round but I am definitely better informed now thanks to this site. Better informed that is re pain management, pt, recovery, etc. I can't believe the...
  15. S

    TKR Cry baby

    Thanks everyone. I managed to eat a small meal and feel a little better. I won't actually be doing any unpacking, just 'bossing' everyone around. You're right about people not telling you the half of it. My surgeon admitted that if people knew how bad it could get, a lot of them wouldn't...
Back
Top Bottom