Recent content by Sel

  1. Sel

    TKR 9 days post op on LTKR

    Staples pulling - Wondering if anyone has this problem; I had a lot of “movement” day yesterday and during the night the top of my incision hurt. In looking at it, the skin around top staple it’s a little puffy but not red, movement brings a stab of pain. I. E. feels like a needle jabbing me...
  2. Sel

    TKR 9 days post op on LTKR

    @Jamie Hi Jamie, I spoke with PAC for Doc, he said way too early to be off Dillaudid, keep in mind all paperwork from hospital stated to be off all Opiods by day 6. Im taking Gabapentin AM and PM, Aleve AM, Aleve PM, Dillaudid 1mg every 4 hours, Tylenol every 6 hours, muscle relaxant AM and PM...
  3. Sel

    TKR 9 days post op on LTKR

    62 y/o female, active and fit, had right replaced 12/14/14. Had my left replacement on 12/10/19, Duke Regional Hospital, Smith & Nephew Journey 2 with VisionAire. Surgery went well, home the next day, and then the sleepless nights started. Once the adductor injection and Experal wore off, sleep...
  4. Sel

    TKR One year post op>

    I am one year post op, doing well for the most part. Great flexion, but I have a lot of pressure on my knee on the the lateral side. It's even more pronounced with activity or when I'm tired. Does anyone else have this? My surgeon says all is good, in fact his exact words were "this is why I...
  5. Sel

    MUA 11 weeks post tkr and struggling<

    I feel your pain. I think you might be greatly helped to find a PT that is a CFMT. A certified functional manual physical therapist. They work VERY differently than a traditional PT. The one I went to after my right TKR made the all difference in my rehab. Best of luck! Sent from my iPhone...
  6. Sel

    TKR Post op, now what?

    Hi All, Things have been going so well, I haven't checked the site for awhile. Quick question: with my increased activity level, I am finding my knee is starting to swell again. In fact swelling travels down to ankle and foot. Is this normal? Thank you!
  7. Sel

    TKR Post op, now what?

    I am going on 6 months post op, right TKR. My question refers to what more can I expect? I have pretty good ROM, 140+, knee still making some noise, very little swelling even with activity. I don't think about the knee all the time now, but... And it's a big but. Best way I can describe it is I...
  8. Sel

    TKR Queasy, sick feeling

    Hello All! So happy to report up to 7 miles biking feeling comfortable. Walking now that's another story. I am one week shy of 3 months (how quickly time has flown since I feel better and am more mobile). I tried a 1.5 mile very slow walk the other day, came home and iced, a little tired but no...
  9. Sel

    TKR Queasy, sick feeling

    Rode 5 miles on this beautiful 77 degree day, loved it! Tomorrow back to wintry mix and high 30's, so back to my trainer inside. My question for the day is, when if ever does the stiffness go away? I am 2 1/2 months this week and when I wake up throughout the night and in the morning, really...
  10. Sel

    TKR Queasy, sick feeling

    Celle, I am icing A LOT still. I have to admit as my energy and stamina return, I do forget to rest until my knee demands it. I have occasional "bad" days where I seem to spend more time icing and resting, although those are becoming father apart. That is discouraging about the clunking. I...
  11. Sel

    TKR Queasy, sick feeling

    Vinny, you are the best! Thanks for the encouragement and advice. First Pickleball and then I'll be back on golf course!
  12. Sel

    TKR Queasy, sick feeling

    Hi everyone! I am 10 weeks, those early weeks of pain and frustration seem so far away now, thankfully. My flex has improved to 125, my goal is to reach pre op of 140. Getting in and out of cars is still awkward, probably due to my long legs. Couple of questions: if I have swelling it is above...
  13. Sel

    TKR This is hard!

    Oh boy, I know what you are feeling! It really does get better! I wasnt depressed as much as I cried at anything and everything, and had incredible anxiety - both foreign to me. Be kind to yourself. It's a short time out with respect to your life. With time it does get better, I under dose...
  14. Sel

    TKR So glad I found you....

    Hi Wuzzer, Welcome to BoneSmart! I too found the forum in the middle of a sleepless, pain filled night, 19 days port op. I am one day short of 7 weeks now and have posted and rec'd great advice and sympathy just knowing their were others in my shoes. First off I agree with the others, stop PT...
  15. Sel

    TKR Queasy, sick feeling

    Happy Sunday All! I am one day short of 7 weeks. Per my OS and PT guru I am progressing very well. However, I still feel as though I have lead weights around my TKR knee. Does anyone else have this and will it go away? My flex is up to 115, still don't have my "normal" stamina back, still icing...
Back
Top Bottom