gr82cu2
post-grad
Hi Sel, yes it gets better but takes forever it seems. My left knee is now 26 weeks post op and it is gone from that knee finally. The right one is 14 weeks behind and feels it still. There is hope so hang in there.
I still don't have my normal stamina back and I iced and elevated both knees far longer than 7 weeks. It's only been in the past few weeks that I've backed off on the icing although when I'm sitting, 90% of the time my legs are up on the recliner foot rest. With my 12 week old knee (right) the swelling is pretty much gone and doesn't seem to return now with activity and I got to feeling like I was at a point where icing was just making it stiff......and COLD! So, I rarely ice now but at 7 weeks you probably need to still do some. It's a great pain reliever and fire putter outer
My right knee especially felt like it was on fire for the longest time.
Your flex is great! When you walk try and concentrate on taking full, normal strides. Heel, toe, stretch that leg behind you, heel, toe, stretch. You'll get there.
I still don't have my normal stamina back and I iced and elevated both knees far longer than 7 weeks. It's only been in the past few weeks that I've backed off on the icing although when I'm sitting, 90% of the time my legs are up on the recliner foot rest. With my 12 week old knee (right) the swelling is pretty much gone and doesn't seem to return now with activity and I got to feeling like I was at a point where icing was just making it stiff......and COLD! So, I rarely ice now but at 7 weeks you probably need to still do some. It's a great pain reliever and fire putter outer
Your flex is great! When you walk try and concentrate on taking full, normal strides. Heel, toe, stretch that leg behind you, heel, toe, stretch. You'll get there.
United States