Recent content by Seattle1522

  1. Seattle1522

    THR Post Op - Techniques for closing incision

    Hi @Skydove, I have had some issues with my hands this past year, too, and saw a certified hand therapist for awhile. It helped, though my focus has been so much on my THR these past few months, I’ve not been good at keeping up with the exercises. My problem focused on the thumb joint and so...
  2. Seattle1522

    THR Post Op - Techniques for closing incision

    @Skydove - I reread your posts from the beginning for context. I also googled “trochanter fracture and hip replacement” - and learned you are not the only one to experience this complication (which apparently can happen years after surgery, not just so soon as in your case!). So you are...
  3. Seattle1522

    THR Reanda on the other side!

    @Reanda - Thanks for sharing this helpful update. It does sound reassuring! Like you and others, I’m noticing clicking. The realignment of tendons makes good sense. As does the reality that these are processes that take time! I also find your PT’s distinction between recovering from the...
  4. Seattle1522

    THR Anterior LTHR on 12/1

    @Schaargi - today I received a response from my surgeon to the modified “yoga” stretches (aka “gentle stretching”) you see suggested to me. He said both should be fine! Thanks again! Look forward to introducing them into my morning stretching practice!
  5. Seattle1522

    THR Equipment used and Must Haves

    Some great advice here from others. Here's what I would say, 4 weeks in: Must-haves: 4 rectangular gel packs (mine attached with a sleeve and stretchy velcro band - worked great) grabber toilet seat riser (one that stays in place for the type of toilet you have) new slip-on shoes with elastic...
  6. Seattle1522

    THR The new road step by step

    Hi @Autumn01 - I am almost a month post-op myself and much of what you say sounds very familiar! Like you, I’m walking at home w/o the cane but using it outside. I’m up to 40 minutes on one daily outdoor walk around town as I (like you) have the good fortune to be in a warm place for a winter...
  7. Seattle1522

    THR 10 years THR

    @Hoops68, what a great post to see! So glad to know that your outcome has been so positive. Very inspiring for those of us who, like me, are in the early stages of our journey! (I’m almost 4 weeks in.). Thanks so much for sharing!
  8. Seattle1522

    THR Anterior LTHR on 12/1

    @Schaargi I sent a message to my surgeon yesterday - and used the expression "gentle stretching" rather than "yoga" for exactly the reasons you describe - so I think we're on the same page. The first surgeon I consulted with also cautioned about "yoga" so I've learned to be as precise as...
  9. Seattle1522

    THR Anterior LTHR on 12/1

    @Schaargi I sent a message to him yesterday, using the expression "gentle stretching" (and copying your descriptions verbatim) - so we're on the same page in anticipating potential misconceptions! I'll let you know. Given the holiday weekend (and lack of urgency) I'm thinking it may be next...
  10. Seattle1522

    THR Anterior LTHR on 12/1

    @Sigma1 No, my PT is not incorporating massage or manual therapy. So I am planning to begin massage separately from PT in January. Expect it to include leg muscles below the incision as well as back, glutes, etc. - but not to touch the incision directly, at least for awhile yet. Massage won’t...
  11. Seattle1522

    THR Anterior LTHR on 12/1

    @Schaargi - thanks again for these tips. I have reached out to my surgeon just to be certain, but also practiced both with great care this morning….it felt great - as a taste of what might be possible later on - so I don’t anticipate a problem. :thankyou:
  12. Seattle1522

    THR Post Op - Techniques for closing incision

    @Skydove So very sorry to hear you’re having such a tough time of it! It sounds just awful. I hope things improve for you very soon…will be watching for new updates - sending thoughts for healing and strength.
  13. Seattle1522

    THR Scar tissue at the incision 6 weeks post surgery

    @ultgar Glad to hear that even with ankle issues your recovery from hip surgery is progressing nicely! Hope that continues to be the case and that the ankle repair/replacement goes well when that time comes. I’m just a week or so ahead of where you are now, seeing real improvement but also...
  14. Seattle1522

    THR Anterior LTHR on 12/1

    Thanks so much, @Schaargi. I will let you know how it goes!
  15. Seattle1522

    THR Schaargi Hip #2 Nov. 2

    @Schaargi It sounds as though your most recent surgery and recovery are going really well - and that there's lots to support optimism that this latest hip replacement will not follow the pattern of your previous experience. And yet, of course, that previous experience informs your subjective...
Back
Top Bottom