Recent content by Scully2005

  1. S

    TKR I would welcome some advice after 2nd TKR (right)

    Hi! I got the results of the gallium scan and it is negative for infection - huge relief! ‍ however because the bone scan was positive and I still have pain in the right knee my surgeon has decided to refer me to a colleague who has just come back from studying as a Fellow in Philadelphia and I...
  2. S

    Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

    I’ve been following you with huge interest WFD sorry to read that your markers are up and the PICC has to stay - I hope it is pollen … I have now had my Gallium scan, I had to wait 3 weeks for the drug to come into Australia, and the results are with my surgeon, as of yesterday morning. He will...
  3. S

    TKR I would welcome some advice after 2nd TKR (right)

    Thank you and I wish you every success with the next surgery. You’ve been through the mill for sure.
  4. S

    TKR I would welcome some advice after 2nd TKR (right)

    I just posted the report that I received after the first nuclear scan. Now I wait for the Gallium scan and the blood tests ….
  5. S

    TKR I would welcome some advice after 2nd TKR (right)

    Thank you for replying WFD. What were the symptoms you had that led to the discovery that you had an infection? (I have assumed that’s what it is) what are you able to do at the moment with your knee as it is? Because I’ve had a THR left, a TKR left and a foot reconstruction left I’m not sure...
  6. S

    TKR I would welcome some advice after 2nd TKR (right)

    Hello Everyone Me again after a long few months absence … I’ve just been getting on with life and being patient with my right TKR as it recovers. I do need a little help and advice though please. I saw my surgeon on 13th August for my 1 year check up - although it was more like 13.5 months. I...
  7. S

    PKR JusticeRider’s rehab adventure

    Brilliant update! 10.5 miles good on you!!
  8. S

    TKR I would welcome some advice after 2nd TKR (right)

    Hello Everyone, Just thought I’d pop in and give a quick update on “me”. I’m now just over 19 weeks or 4 months post op of TKR on my right knee. It was a very slow recovery initially and very painful so, having read a few of the updates today I wanted to give people who are having a hard time at...
  9. S

    Knee Infection* Limb Salvage Surgery Recovery

    Wishing you all the best for your next stage. What a journey you’ve been on. Thinking of you - it’s already the 10th here in Australia so you could imagine it’s all over and done with.
  10. S

    TKR I would welcome some advice after 2nd TKR (right)

    Hey Layla! I’m half way through the trip - the first week as Korea and Japan and today i flew from Japan to Singapore. Now I’ve got a week in Singapore and a weekend to myself to explore. Wow Japan is stunning! I was only in Tokyo this time and I so wish I had longer and wasn’t working. Next...
  11. S

    Knee Infection* Anxious about 2 stage revision

    All the very best for Monday @Demelsa - thinking of you x :flwrysmile:
  12. S

    TKR ROM issues

    :loveshwr:I’ve got to say @skiforever I think you’re doing bloody amazing!! :dancy: If you turn your thinking around to all the things that you CAN do and focus less on the things that are more difficult I think you should be really really proud of yourself! A 3.5 mile canyon walk, diving...
  13. S

    TKR I would welcome some advice after 2nd TKR (right)

    @Kipper11 great to hear you’re doing so well! Good on you - it’s terrific to hear the positive recovery stories too. Thank you for sharing your story. I’m good and although I wish it would go faster (doesn’t everyone!) I’ve got lots of experience of orthopaedic surgical recoveries now so I know...
Back
Top Bottom