Hi I am new to this forum but not to bonesmart. I have TKR in both legs and arm replacement in the left arm.
I was wondering if some of you can tell me what was it like when you started to have hip problems and what did they for you to get to the point of replacement. I have had pain when I...
@beachy Great update. It's so nice when things go better than expected. I found this surgery far more easier than my recent TKR. May 6th will be 4 months for me from TKR.
Again so glad that you are feeling good and this recovery is better than the TKR.
Hi, everyone. It's been awhile since I last posted. But I just decided to take this journey a little bit differently than I did my first because it was different.
As I posted in the past few posts the first month (not weeks was really hard) but I DID follow the bonesmart way and rested...
Hi, I had total shoulder replacement. I am sorry you are in so much pain. I too had pain but it was controlled with oxycontin 10 mg. and tylenol and toradol. Toradol is a anti inflammatory and I took this because it was great for my first TKR.
I had to wear my sling 24 hours a day. My...
Hello @beachy... It looks like you are following in my foot steps girl.. I had to have my shoulder done in 2020. You need the shoulders and arms to use the walker during TKR. The recovery for the shoulder, for me, was not so bad. It was things. Its great to take whatever support you can...
Hello Beachy... I started a new thread after my second tkr. I just did not write a lot. The first few weeks were awful. I sent along a PM to you also.
Keep us posted so we can read your second thread.
Schpooko
Hi, I am overweight by at least 80 lbs. and I have had both total knee replacements done. I am in the process of recovering from right knee TKR surgery and progress well. It's a hard recovery but weight had no factor in my recovery. My doctor did want me to lose some weight (this did not...
Hi all. Oh what painful day and journey that was. They made me do pt before taking a 2-hour ride home. By the time I got home I was shaking and crying from so much pain that my family almost had to carry me in the house to get up the stairs into the bed. It was not like the last time I came home...
No I am leaving today due to Snow ❄️️❄️ coming. I don't think my husband would be able to pick me up tomorrow with the snow coming. We have an hour and a half to get home . So stay safe
Schpooko
I am most likely staying in the hospital one more day , I need it. This hospital is dedicated to private suites with just orthopedics for knee and shoulder and so forth and it is great. And I'm so glad to have this forum. As I said you guys are so uplifting and the moral support is...
Hi everyone. I made it through to the other side, yippee! I arrived here at 11:30 was taken pretty much right away into pre-op and a couple hours later I was in surgery.
With all that said, "owwie". Does this hurt. My doctor told my husband that he was surprised I was still walking because...
Good Morning All! My subject line says it all. I have to be there at 11:30 a.m. for my LTKR. I had the RTKR done in 2018. I I will write more either today or tomorrow. I am not bringing my laptop so I won't have access to write. Oh heck maybe I will bring the laptop. My luck I will stuck...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.