TSR in April

beachy

supremo
Country
United States United States
Hello, I'm having my first shoulder replacement in April. It will be the left and I don't know if it will be reverse or standard.
I had a TKR on left knee 10/2018. I need the right knee done, but that will have to wait until after the shoulder.
I'll find out the actual date on 3/8 at my appointment with the surgeon.

@beachy Welcome to the shoulder side I think you will find recuperation from shoulder replacement to be a bit easier than recuperating from knee replacement. At least shoulders are not weight bearing! However the same BoneSmart philosophy applies - slow and gentle to start off! Since shoulders are complex joints it can take quite a while to get things back to full working order. And PT is essential.

Ask any questions you have and I'll try to answer them for you. Both my shoulder replacements are standard ones - reverse replacements have some special limitations (ask your surgeon about those if he does recommend a reverse procedure).

Hi, @beachy... I will be following your thread. As was said above a TSR is not has bad as TKR. Much luck with your surgery...

Schpooko

@beachy Do let us know when you get your surgery date! Our shoulder forum is growing fast. We will be here for you!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom