Recent content by ScarlettB

  1. ScarlettB

    THR Scarlett on the Other Side<

    Thanks :) Turns out my appointment had to be rescheduled -- they squoze me in next Tuesday. Will spend the weekend icing, which really seems to help. Hopefully it's just a pulled muscle or similar and will be improved by then.
  2. ScarlettB

    THR Scarlett on the Other Side<

    Yes. that's where the pain is. I've had Tramadol in the past (as well as many other drugs) and no luck with it. I consulted with the PA at the surgeon's office two weeks ago and she offered Vicodin, but advised I stick with the oxy and add in the Tylenol. So they are aware that I've had problems...
  3. ScarlettB

    THR Scarlett on the Other Side<

    @YoungHippy -- oh man, what a bummer! But I've heard that it's very common as well, and NOT permanent...so enjoy your lowered hair-dye costs while they last! :)
  4. ScarlettB

    THR Scarlett on the Other Side<

    Today I have been doing little to nothing -- staying in bed, icing, sleeping. The intense shooting pain at DL4f and EL4F. The dull but more constant ache at F, G and H L5F. 1. Lateral 2. Right now pain at about a 6 resting, 9-10 when moving. On average, pain (with medication) ranges between...
  5. ScarlettB

    THR Scarlett on the Other Side<

    @Zelda, that's a good idea... @Josephine, any words of wisdom? I slept for most of the day, but got up a little while ago to fix myself something to eat (BF is at a gig). I can barely even put weight on the affected leg now. Also having a steady, aching pain in the front of my leg, sort of...
  6. ScarlettB

    THR Scarlett on the Other Side<

    Not so good, actually. I've been suffering from wicked depression, cabin fever, loneliness, and pain. Still so much pain. I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Am still on my full dose of pain meds, still using a walker, still unable to do very much at all. It's very discouraging. My disability...
  7. ScarlettB

    THR Scarlett on the Other Side<

    Last week I had this ongoing soap-opera style dream...every time I went to sleep I dreamed a new installment in the storyline (which was centered around me having an affair with my boss!). It was really bizarre but also highly entertaining.
  8. ScarlettB

    THR I have a brand spanking new hip!

    Congrats on what sounds like a very smooth surgery and first-few-days-of-recovery! Hope you get to go home soon. BTW I love your cat's name -- is it after the Richard Scarry character? My two kitties were skittish of me when I first came home from the hospital (I think the smell threw them...
  9. ScarlettB

    THR Scarlett on the Other Side<

    I did take some Benadryl and it helped tremendously -- and I haven't needed any for a few days now. So weird!
  10. ScarlettB

    THR Scarlett on the Other Side<

    I got un-stapled today! This means that I get to take a shower tomorrow night! I'm so excited to wash my hair, I can't even tell you. My partner is also going to change the bedsheets, so I can crawl into a nice clean fresh bed once I am nice and clean and fresh again. This is going to be the...
  11. ScarlettB

    I cancelled my THR surgery! There are just too many post op problems!

    It's very likely that you'll be relying on him (or someone) for the rest of your life if you *don't* have the surgery. I don't know of anyone who has been able to stabilize the pain and mobility issues of OA; on the contrary, most folks talk about how quickly they lose the ability to live their...
  12. ScarlettB

    THR Just joined<'

    What's helped me is to prop myself in a position that's sort of halfway between lying down and sitting up. I have one those armrest pillows, so I use that, a few bed pillows and a couple of throw pillows to achieve ~40* incline. That helps with the lower-back pain I was getting from being flat...
  13. ScarlettB

    THR Scarlett on the Other Side<

    I have been having hypnic jerks -- you know, when you dream you're falling and then jolt awake? since my surgery. Three or four so far. Can't remember the last time I had one before this. I've also been talking in my sleep a lot. That's something I do normally, but I do it more now. Must be the...
  14. ScarlettB

    THR Scarlett on the Other Side<

    Thanks for the responses, all. Last night I found a pretty good combination of pillows to support me at approximately a 40-degree angle, and that was comfortable for sleeping. Also easier to get into and get up from, when it's time for those middle-of-the-night bathroom and med breaks!
  15. ScarlettB

    THR Scarlett on the Other Side<

    My doc did a lateral incision. I guess that would effect things, eh? :cool: They sent me home with a week's worth of Xanax, but I've only taken one so far. Oxy seems to be doing the trick for pain -- and for knocking me out, which explains the great sleep I've had! :sleep:
Back
Top Bottom