Recent content by scaredincayce

  1. scaredincayce

    THR Fear of Infection

    I can so relate to your fear of infection. I'm in therapy to help me. I'm so afraid of infection that I still have not gone through with replacement. If it's allowed I can give you my email address so we can discuss further.
  2. scaredincayce

    THR I'm a chicken and not proud

    How were you able to help those with crippling fears?
  3. scaredincayce

    THR I'm a chicken and not proud

    Thanks. I am going to seek counseling too. I made the mistake of reading about a very small percentage of people who have to learn how to live without a hip joint due to to persistent hip joint replacement infections.
  4. scaredincayce

    THR I'm a chicken and not proud

    Hi. I cancelled hip replacement surgery sceduled on March 2, 2026 with Dr. Yerasimides who is considered to be one of the top surgeons in the country. I feel very defeated. Here is my huge fear. I'm afraid that the joint will get infected and then the revision implant will get infected and...
  5. scaredincayce

    THR Very Scared

    I agree Deni444.
  6. scaredincayce

    THR Very Scared

    Thank you SurreyGirl and Deni444. The support I have received so far has been very encouraging. I know that I'm going to have to have this done. I'm sick and tired of feeling disabled. I was so pyhsically strong and athletic just two years ago and here I am feeling so weak. Interestingly...
  7. scaredincayce

    THR Very Scared

    Thank you benne68.
  8. scaredincayce

    THR Very Scared

    Thank you Layla.
  9. scaredincayce

    THR Very Scared

    I don't have much pain sleeping or sitting. I only have pain with limping when I walk. I am going to see a PCP and get a referral for psychiatry. I am depressed. This hip has taken over my life. Also, adding to all this is that I lost my wife last year to cancer. I'm all alone here, so I...
  10. scaredincayce

    THR Very Scared

    Hi. I've been torturing myself over fear of possible infection. I play it out in my mind like this: What if I'm one of the unlucky 1 percenters who down the road wind up with an infection deep in the joint and they have to remove it and put spacers and antibiotics in the joint area and I'm...
  11. scaredincayce

    THR Very Scared

    Thanks everyone for your support. I probably need to get on some meds to help with my anxiety and catastraphising. Interestingly enough, I'm not worried that much about the pain after the surgery. I have a pretty high pain tolerance. My biggest fear is severe complications rendering me to a...
  12. scaredincayce

    THR Very Scared

    Thank you so much Layla. I will be reading your recovery thread.
  13. scaredincayce

    THR Very Scared

    Thanks. I hope others will weigh in.
  14. scaredincayce

    THR Very Scared

    Thanks again benne68. I know it's not possible but I sure would like to talk to you on the phone. You are so encouraging. I've been so petrified to even think about the THR. I plan on getting a house with my sister and brother-in-law in the next couple of months near Ft. Myers, Florida...
Back
Top Bottom