Recent content by sandyx7

  1. S

    THR I'm Here!

    Hi everyone, I'm six weeks out from my 2nd THR, my right hip and I was feeling super until yesterday. I've read about PT issues on here but my dr. urged me to do pt so I've been going twice a week for about a month. At first it was fine but last week they added a few things. Last week after...
  2. S

    THR I'm Here!

    @Cynthia777 @Jaycey Hello friends:), It's so nice to hear from you. Cynthia, I'm glad your 2nd THR is also history and I hope you're feeling well. I had my left THR on 2/25 and my right THR on 6/21. I've actually had an easier recover this time, I think it's because my left hip now feels so...
  3. S

    THR I'm Here!

    @Cynthia777 Hi Cynthia, I see you just had your other THR also. How're you doing? Are you home and feeling well? I've thought of you often:)
  4. S

    THR I'm Here!

    Hi everyone, I've been away for a few months. Lots going on with my family, I've been overwhelmed. I've got to learn how to take better care of myself. I had my right THR on June 21,16. I had the left done 2/25. It's been an easy recovery, I think maybe because my left his(that had the THR was...
  5. S

    THR I'm Here!

    @Cynthia777 Reading your post made me think of Roseanne Roseannadanna. "It's always something!" It does sound like the wbc will be down with the antibiotics. I'll let you know as soon as I have a date and vice versa please!
  6. S

    THR I'm Here!

    @Krista Hi Krista, thanks so much for the support. I do think I'll stop the pool exercise until my next surgery. The first surgery was much easier than I expected and I hope the next is the same. I see you're having surgery in May. How're you feeling?
  7. S

    THR I'm Here!

    @Cynthia777 Hi, my friend. It's so good to talk to you again! I've let myself get right back into doing too much for my kids. I had said that I'd slow down but I get caught up taking care of them. I know you were doing so great with walking around the pool. It's frustrating, isn't it? I think...
  8. S

    THR I'm Here!

    Hi to my fellow hip journey friends:) I haven't been on in awhile but I've been thinking of you all. I had my lthr done almost 2 months ago and I think it's great. I knew my right hip was bone on bone also but I hoped with the left one done, I'd have a respite before having it done also. It...
  9. S

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777 Hey there, girlfriend, you sound so good. I'm doing pretty well too. I went to a new outpatient pt today just as I was thinking I wouldn't do pt. Well,this pt visit/evaluation was great. I haven't taken very good care of myself up to now and I've taken my good health for granted...
  10. S

    THR I'm Here!

    Hi @Cynthia777 , I'm pretty good. I think I'm impatient that I'm not all better. Tomorrow is 3 weeks since my surgery and I'm still tired and not myself yet. I went to outpatient pt yesterday for the first time and they just did an evaluation and then my friend took me to lunch and when I got...
  11. S

    THR I'm just a pup at 3 wks post op. Am I normal?!

    @HIPpieGal7 You are young to go through this, but I hope you'll be all done with it soon and feeling good. I had my THR 3 weeks ago and I've been sleeping on a recliner since then. It was great the first 2 weeks but this last week I've been having neck and back pain so I'm planning to try my...
  12. S

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777 Yay for your new surgery date!! I'm so happy for you to have your 2nd THR. You sound like you're doing really well and you have an amazingly wonderful attitude. It helps me too:). I'm so surprised that you could tie your shoes at the end of the first week. I still need my husband...
  13. S

    THR I'm Here!

    @Cynthia777 I never realized how stubborn I really am. I decided to get off the Percocet bc of my bathroom issues and I convinced myself that I didn't need them anymore. I've only taken Tylenol. After listening to you, I finally took a Percocet at 7 and I'm feeling much better. Btw, my walker...
  14. S

    THR I love my new hip...

    @Zelda Thanks for your encouragement. My new hip also feels better already and I'm pretty sure I'm looking at my next THR soon. My surgery was so much easier than I thought. My struggles are with after and mostly I think from the pain meds. And I'm impatient. I want to be better now!!
  15. S

    THR I'm Here!

    @Cynthia777 You are so wonderful, my friend!! Thanks more than I can say. I think a bit of the post surgical blues have hit me. And I've had the pic in my head of you lapping around the pool. I think I'll walk around my pool tomorrow. I haven't before now bc I have to walk the deck and down the...
Back
Top Bottom