Recent content by Samsrf

  1. S

    TKR 2nd TKR Nerve Block did not work!

    I am sorry this happened to you! I am also one of those that the blocks & anesthesia doesn’t work “normally” on. It’s not that it doesn’t work, I have learned that my body processes it very “quickly” a nerve block that is supose to last 24-48 hrs lasted me about 6 hrs. Even my dentist complains...
  2. S

    TKR Following My Instincts

    @EalingGran Love it! Thank You.
  3. S

    TKR Following My Instincts

    Hi Bonesmarties- So I am a few weeks past my 1 year knee-aversary. I thought the Sky would open and balloons would fall, maybe some angels with trumpets - but alas, Life goes on as normal and outside of the acknowledgment from my family- it was a quite typical day. I saw my surgeon on the...
  4. S

    TKR Following My Instincts

    @InkedMarie yeah- not for me either !!! … but that’s what he said … like @Susie-Q said. No recovery is 1 size. I think it is important to listen to everyone’s perspective because I was going into this blind and if I hadn’t tried what the PT said, what bonesmart article suggested, advice from...
  5. S

    TKR March 8/22 RTKR Excited for the next step!

    @Axx72 So happy you keep going! I am a week out of 1 year anniversary. I did a “super sprint” triathlon last week (200m swim, 10k bike and 5k run- more like walk run) I find at this point self motivation, switching activities up and just being grateful (attitude) is the primary focus! Can’t...
  6. S

    TKR Feeling Conflicted

    Hi there! I totally get this. I was told at 35 I had no option but to have a TKR (old sports injuries) no injections etc. but I was too young. I suffered and slowly declined in mental and physical health until I basically could not walk- At the ripe age of 43. I had my TKR almost a year ago. I...
  7. S

    TKR Following My Instincts

    @hawk2go he was a collegiate gymnast. He says the best “pt” for ROM is kneeling in a cushioned chair with arms and sitting back. So not no my favorite! His biggest goal in recovery is having strong enough tendons and stuff to do what you love without getting hurt- so whatever that is- that’s the...
  8. S

    TKR Following My Instincts

    @JusticeRider This surgery was hard and no joke. I thought I would be up and running in no time- and if you read my whole thread- that was definitely not the case! However, the only thing I regret is in 2015 (@35 yrs old) listening to the Doctor who told me to stop being active and doing...
  9. S

    TKR Following My Instincts

    Hi all!!! I happened to hop on here this morning and wanted to post an update. I am not sure how much I can help anyone by replying because I know a lot of people are struggling - after all most of us found this site out of desperation after TKR’s. I just want to say “Keep Going!” I know in this...
  10. S

    TKR My mother had a total knee replacement and I need advice

    Oh my gosh.. I am sure admins will have a lot more info, but as a person who had a replacement, I think She should be resting and sleeping. This was a super gnarly surgery for the first two weeks getting myself to the bathroom and taking a shower was about the extent of my activity. Maybe I...
  11. S

    TKR 21 weeks and struggling

    @Dancingqueen re: pain down outside calf, foot etc…. YES! I actually bought a rapid release (massage) gun to release this. The vibration makes my knee feel funky so I only use it briefly and stick to the belly of the muscle- but I am 8 months and continually have this pain. Massage (manual and...
  12. S

    TKR Following My Instincts

    @Arjay haha, you are so nice and I appreciate your words! I post on here because I was SO AFRAID to have the TKR and I know some people struggle, but I am so grateful to have done it finally. I waited until I basically couldn’t walk and I am in awe of how much my health declined. You kinda don’t...
  13. S

    TKR Following My Instincts

    Nearly 8 months! Almost 75% to full healing. Honestly not much to report but I hopped on here because I was reminded to rest today- after a long holiday weeklcooking and entertaining today I took a surf, 10 mile training bike ride and an hour walk after dinner. Guess I have been pushing a little...
  14. S

    TKR So happy Surgery is behind me!

    My limitations were in the brain as well. I was always guarding my leg because of knee injury 25 years past that led to this TKR. I tripped on a rock with surgical leg the other day and reflexively said “OUCH” and then stopped myself and started laughing … It didn’t hurt. I have great balance...
  15. S

    TKR A 30 something's TKR recovery

    I was 43 and healthy when I had my RTKR (March 22) I had my surgery because of a sports injury I had at 17 degenerated- and I was on a quick downhill decline since 35 (your age). I also have a cementless Implant but did not have it done robotically. it took me about 6 weeks to walk 1/2 mile. By...
Back
Top Bottom