Recent content by sammylou99

  1. sammylou99

    JJ's recovery thread (14.02.17)

    Ahhhh girls!!!! Lovely lovely to hear you are both doing well!!! 1 yr for me today ❤️ And all is great. I feel like a new person! Similar to you both a little slow to start the day (no pain) but I think that’s the cold weather as when I was away in jan in the sun I was fine! Roll on summer. Had...
  2. sammylou99

    THR Recovery in Labrador

    So happy for you, great update! Have a wonderful trip :) Sam xx Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  3. sammylou99

    July 6, 2017<

    Congratulations @gaulsueurou !! Such a relief to have it done and not think about it coming up anymore. The wait is awful. Sorry you had a bad first night - I did too but a reaction to opiates. Glad they have got you sorted - so important. You take it very easy. Don't push yourself. Rest as much...
  4. sammylou99

    THR Post op with lots of questions

    I wouldn't worry about any PT at this point. I didn't start mine until around 6 weeks properly and that was only to correct my gait and knead away the scar tissue. I reckon walking gently and building that up is all you need to be doing at this point in between lots of rest! Take care, Sam...
  5. sammylou99

    THR Delphi's Recovery - Surgery 23/2

    Hi Diane @Delphi yes, she was recommended by my OS office. Does lots of work with hip and knee replacements. She is amazing. Does not have me doing anything over the top. Just helped straighten my gait which is now completely straight :) and the massage which is very specific - she kneads the...
  6. sammylou99

    THR Delphi's Recovery - Surgery 23/2

    Hi @PS46 congrats on 8 weeks - it was from then on I felt so much better!! I started the massage around 7 or 8 weeks I think and have had it every week. I do also rub the area myself with a tennis ball as suggested by my physio which also helps. The massage is great afterwards - really relieves...
  7. sammylou99

    THR Delphi's Recovery - Surgery 23/2

    @Delphi yes the massage helps a lot but I have to say it is not the most pleasant massage I've ever had! I still get them every now and then to break down the hardness around the incision. Not fun when she's doing it but feels soooo much better afterwards! @JenJuniper great to hear your news...
  8. sammylou99

    THR Delphi's Recovery - Surgery 23/2

    Wow, congrats at 40th anniversary Diane, how lovely. You must have been a babe in arms!! Enjoy celebrating!! It's been quite a year, so lots to celebrate :) Xxxx Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. sammylou99

    THR Delphi's Recovery - Surgery 23/2

    Oh and I avoided the Atlantic waves too! Was very tough but great surf. Was so tempted but also worried I might do something to the new hip so stayed out while the others surfed. Next year will be different!! Xxx Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. sammylou99

    THR Delphi's Recovery - Surgery 23/2

    Oh it looks so beautiful!!! Love the white buildings with the flowers - just stunning! Yes, I was born with shallow hips although only found out last year so the hip will go in the shallow socket at some point too. Was hoping for a few more years out if it - will keep hoping!!! Off to Cornwall...
  11. sammylou99

    THR Delphi's Recovery - Surgery 23/2

    @Delphi so interesting you talk about your good hip twinges. I have had the same over the past week. I am hoping it is just all the adjusting going on inside after walking so badly on bad hip but am also worried the good hip going bad even though I was told it was fine at the moment. It's pretty...
  12. sammylou99

    THR Delphi's Recovery - Surgery 23/2

    Hi @Delphi great to hear you are in sunny Portugal!! How lovely. Sorry to hear about the golfing. I'm sure it will be fine but needs more time to settle. A bit like my OS telling me no surfing or stand up paddle boarding this summer to let it bed in. Imagine can easily get inflamed at this...
  13. sammylou99

    THR Conundrum re further surgical options!

    I found that 12 weeks was a time when I really felt a lot better and the pain had gone so I would wait it out if you can bear it! A lot of change happens between 8-12 weeks as far as healing goes. Better to wait a little longer and give yourself time to heal. I'm now at 16 weeks and often forget...
  14. sammylou99

    THR Post Anterior hip replacement<

    Oh and your leg will feel strange walking for a bit yet - all the surgery trauma and swelling. You need to let it heal and you will find the strength comes back. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  15. sammylou99

    THR Post Anterior hip replacement<

    Honestly sounds like you are doing far too much a week in! I mainly walked around the house for the first two or three weeks. Every hour just to get the blood flowing. Didn't start PT until nearer 6 weeks and only to straighten my walk which has worked. But at that point I was pretty much pain...
Back
Top Bottom