Recent content by safi

  1. S

    TKR Left TKR with intra operative fracture

    Thank you @sistersinhim for the insight, glad to hear that if it is a cyst it is manageable. Yes my toes are taped too, it’s funny as growing up we were always told oh it’s a broken toe, nothing can be done and that’s partly why I thought it was silly to go it checked but when I went I was told...
  2. S

    TKR Left TKR with intra operative fracture

    Thank you @Jockette ! I will read that shortly. I forgot to say I also have a follow up with OS in 3 months and he thought my flexion/extension was 115/4 and to keep working on quad and exercises.
  3. S

    TKR TKR concerns

    Yikes! I just wanted to say I’m so sorry you were put through that pain and how awful that your doctor and that to you and that your therapist mentioned MUA at such an early stage in your recovery. I’m no expert of course but 80 flexion seems pretty good to me, you only had surgery 20 days ago...
  4. S

    TKR Left TKR with intra operative fracture

    Thank you @Layla for the kind message. I am sorry I have been MIA recently, just life has been really hectic and I’ve just been tired in the evenings to sit down and give an update so here it is at last! We had a lovely few weeks with the family but boy was it exhausting we did quite a lot of...
  5. S

    Revised PKR to TKR On the other side - AGAIN!

    What a week you have had bless you but good to see you are home and reunited with your cryocuff! I hope your recovery starts to get a bit easier going forward, best wishes to you and hope a better tummy and sleep continue
  6. S

    TKR Trying for Acceptance

    Such a good update, your knees look great and it’s wonderful you are getting back to doing normal things and things that make you happy Hope you and hubby have a good weekend !
  7. S

    TKR Left TKR with intra operative fracture

    Thank you all for your thoughts @Legseleven thank you, that is a good idea, I will have to keep a cane in the car in case I need it. @Readabook, that sounds awful! Yes it is amazing how different each and every surgery can be, I have learned just how different from reading other people’s...
  8. S

    Bilateral PKR On the other side

    My goodness you have been so busy and I definitely don’t envy you all that washing every day! I hadn’t heard of the MRSA nose swab either but at least they are being thorough, I just had the hibiclense routine and clean bedding and clothes the night before. Best wishes for your upcoming surgery ❤️
  9. S

    TKR Left TKR with intra operative fracture

    Thank you @Layla Four months seem to have both flown by and also seemed excruciatingly slow at times! I had my last therapy session Friday June 5th. PT is pleased with my progress and says I just need to keep doing what I have been doing at home and ADL and hopefully I will see improvement at...
  10. S

    TKR Left TKR with intra operative fracture

    Thank you @sistersinhim Yes you could be right and Friday might be my last therapy session anyway so we will see. I also forgot and your comment just reminded me, that on Monday afternoon we walked at my slow pace from our son and daughter in laws house in their village to the local ice cream...
  11. S

    TKR Left TKR with intra operative fracture

    Thank you @Jockette It is these little pep talks from all of you, who have insight and experience, that help so much
  12. S

    TKR Left TKR with intra operative fracture

    Hi and thank you for asking @benne68, I have been meaning up update though not a lot has changed. I don’t really have much to update at 16 weeks now, I seem to be in a plateau phase at the moment. I still have therapy twice a week but it is being hinted that Friday might be my last day but that...
  13. S

    TKR Left TKR with intra operative fracture

    Thank you @FleuveStone Yes it was a cake for 4 year old grandson and I did make it in stages as standing for a fair while is uncomfortable, so I made the cake one day then decorated the next, which was definitely more complicated than it looked online at least he liked it! Definitely going to...
  14. S

    TKR Reader's Left TKR Spacer Exchange

    I don’t have any other advice to add but wanted to say I am so sorry you are having such a tough time with the pain after everything you have been through and I hope that you are able to get some relief soon. Also thinking of you.
Back
Top Bottom