Recent content by Rucked Up

  1. R

    TKR My TKR 12/16/19: Easier Than I Thought - THEN AGAIN!

    Week 10 here and going through the exact same things. Especially the outer calf numbness/pain. I know for me it's from the calf bones being moved around, but no one warned me about that pain/ zingers (and to see you are still going through them, sigh) Entering week 5 of total lockdown here...
  2. R

    TKR Rucked Up's Recovery

    Thank you for your input. I do realize my normal is not your normal. Guess I am concerned I am coming across as a complainer, or not trying hard enough -even tho I was ahead of the curve 5 weeks ago.
  3. R

    TKR Rucked Up's Recovery

    70days post op Zingers and new types of pain continue. It's a new pain, in a new place everyday. I've had to use the cane for a few days as well as taking Norco. Over-did it with 60min driving along with some essentials shopping = calf pain, foot pain, inner knee pain days and days to resolve...
  4. R

    TKR Donm's Recovery Thread.

    HI Don - I feel your pain. I'm a few weeks ahead of you but I can relate! 4am wake up's, yup I do that and at 4am too. Like others have said, this is not a race, my guess is you are doing too much too soon. I tried something a few days ago, I did next to nothing (no p/t, no exercise, no extra...
  5. R

    TKR Rucked Up's Recovery

    7 weeks and a few days post op Well, this is new and I don't like it A few days ago my leg started to hurt (not ache), thought it was (once again) too much gardening; this time it is different. LTKR and on the outer side of my knee, I get a sharp pain, then that pain slowly shoots down to my...
  6. R

    TKR My TKR 12/16/19: Easier Than I Thought - THEN AGAIN!

    ironically enough, standing up from a low-setting beach chair is one of my 'goals'... forget about lying on sand and getting my booty up from that position, that ain't going to happen any time soon, but yeah, you two are funny.
  7. R

    TKR Rucked Up's Recovery

    Cheers for your always-positive chime-in's Love hearing that you too have gone through/going through the same-ish thing. I'm a flat-shoe wearer, due to my knee and being 5'11". I have tossed all my pre-op often-worn sneakers and not replacing them till I figure out my knee's reaction to a...
  8. R

    TKR Rucked Up's Recovery

    Update Day 47 since surg - almost 7 weeks ... had an epiphany or two a few days ago Decided to stop taking pain pills before doing 'stuff'; mostly because I was over-doing it when medicated. I knew I'd pay for it later. Day 1 - Did about half my usual running around before it was time to...
  9. R

    TKR Rubyroo TKR #2

    I find that I am repeating to myself 'heal-toe' 'heal toe' when walking, otherwise, I too walk that Abominable Snowman.
  10. R

    TKR Rucked Up's Recovery

    I crossed my legs. I happened to look down at my left leg and it was on my right leg, don't remember doing that. so I took my left leg down and put it back onto my rt leg, didn't need any assistance nothing. doing the HHJJ dance It's been years since I could do this
  11. R

    TKR Outpatient pros and cons

    I stayed less than 24 hours and I am happy I did not stay any longer, nor any shorter of time That first night was a night of pain, once the nerve block wore off I needed the morphine every 4hours. Sure I did not sleep that night, but I had help to the toilet and proper pain relief. The morning...
  12. R

    TKR Rucked Up's Recovery

    @sistersinhim Thanks for your reply, you gave me food for thought... I will not be doing 'proper' P/T rather I'll keep doing my own thing, seems to be working for me. P/T is too much like going to the gym it's all just exercise, I seem to be allergic to that If and that is a big IF I need to...
  13. R

    TKR 6 weeks after TKR

    My surg was the day after yours. I did similar last week, 60min driving, Costco, Pharmacy and Target too, the next 3 days were full of little sleep and needing Norco again due to that short "outing". Wont be doing that all in one go again. And in this case, listen to your P/T!!
  14. R

    TKR 6 weeks after TKR

    aries henrietta aperture Joha123 etc Hello my fellow end-of-January TKRer's Sounds like we are all at the same point in recovery, especially the overdoing it w/o trying -I've been forcing myself to nothing- it's quite tough for me (I have A.D.D.) I could not imagine returning to work at this...
  15. R

    TKR Rucked Up's Recovery

    ... and my party is over, been limping and aching like I was a few weeks ago, it's strange but not unexpected. The generalized pain started the day of the Dr's visit, zero relationship to anything he did to me. Those *wonderful* zaps of pain that everyone seems to get were constant in my calf...
Back
Top Bottom