Recent content by Rohanknitter

  1. Rohanknitter

    Lost in the wilderness...

    murrinholi, I can't believe a doctor told you hip replacements only last 10-15 years. Wow. If you get a chance to check out the forums, you'll see lots of posts from people in their 20's and 30's. I had mine done in my early 40's, the only thing I'd change would be to have done it sooner. It's...
  2. Rohanknitter

    Considering a THR

    Josephine, yes it's really me!:egypdance: So true, I haven't been over here in ages. I noticed a bonesmart item on facebook and just thought I'd pop in quick and spread some THR love around. ; ) My kids keep getting older (of course I'm not!) but they still keep me busy, that and the farm and...
  3. Rohanknitter

    Trying to stay positive

    Hi Sqwerlie! I am a farmer's wife/homeschool mom too! Pre-op blues? Oh yes, I remember them well! I think all that chronic pain is just wearing. In fact, after both hips were done, I realized I'd been mildly depressed for quite some time! If anything, this whole experience has given me...
  4. Rohanknitter

    LTHR while recovering from RTHR

    Hi chisels1, As you can see, I had my hips done a similar time apart as you. I found that after the first, my other was so bad that while I did my basic physical therapy, I couldn't do much walking and still had so much pain from the still-bad hip. Once the second was done I was off and...
  5. Rohanknitter

    Considering a THR

    Hi there! I had both my hips done in my early 40's - my surgeon was more than happy to fix me up! I was in so much pain and like you, I wanted to be able to be active with my children. Life with my 2 new hips is fantastic, the only thing I'd change is to have done it even sooner. I...
  6. Rohanknitter

    30 years old facing total hip replacement

    Hi there! I can so relate to your comments about pain and discouragement. I had both hips replaced when I was about 10 years older than you, so my children were older BUT let me just say that 3 years later I am still so thankful every day for my new hips- it feels like a whole new life. You...
  7. Rohanknitter

    Rolling over on hard floors? Any issues?

    I started sleeping with a body pillow like that when I was last pregnant, about 12 years ago and have kept it up ever since, lol! I always felt like it helped my back.
  8. Rohanknitter

    Fed up with pain

    Hi Rae, I hope your dr will let you go ahead with the procedure or that you can get a second opinion. It's so hard to fight that pain, it's just miserable. My surgeon told me after I had the first one done, I'd be wanting to have the second one done soon after and he was so right!!
  9. Rohanknitter

    Trying out my hip

    That's so great!! Love to hear things like this!!
  10. Rohanknitter

    worried about my career

    Hi Okie - I'm sorry to hear you are in so much discomfort - I know what that's like. I'm not sure exactly what activity level you would have as a police officer but I can tell you that I can do everything I ever could before ......walking and standing for long lengths of time are no problem...
  11. Rohanknitter

    New here. Avascular Necrosis

    Hi there - they've said it well, lots of people worry when they hear "spinal" but the vast majority find it to be a big fat nothing - no big deal at all. You can sleep through the whole thing and wake up with a new hip!
  12. Rohanknitter

    D- Day tomorrow 7th july LTHR

    Hi Ray - glad you found us and I hope everything's going well for you with your brand new hip!
  13. Rohanknitter

    I feel better having accomplished something

    Good for you!! I know what you mean about how frustrating it is when you can't get anything done and how great it is when you can do more. (just be careful, there)
  14. Rohanknitter

    6 months on and all is well!

    That's great to hear!!!
  15. Rohanknitter

    Holistic and other concerns with having a bit of me 'replaced'

    I wasn't so much worried about having something removed, but I wondered what it would feel like to have pieces of metal in me. But really, it doesn't feel like there's anything there. My hips feel like nothing was ever done - except they don't hurt!!!!
Back
Top Bottom