Recent content by RockyBones

  1. R

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    I haven’t posted here in a long time but was inspired by your comments I am now one year post TKR also. Still experiencing the ‘tight knee’ But your comments that your knee tightens if you don’t keep up the exercises home for me, as I’m not regular with my exercises at all I also feel...
  2. R

    TKR RTKR Oct 19, 2023

    I feel ya on enjoying it more when you can walk. I’m 14 weeks out now. PT had released me and quite honestly, I went into the no exercise zone Not good. There are days I walk more thinking this will compensate; and days I do nothing The results? I feel my quads tightening and a little...
  3. R

    TKR RTKR Oct 19, 2023

    So looking forward to it I eat, sleep and dream Alaska. Not to mention binge watching YouTubers about Alaskan cruises. So obsessed right now.
  4. R

    TKR RTKR Oct 19, 2023

    Thank you Layla. Got my Alaskan cruise booked for 2025. Here’s to hoping I have a normal knee by then
  5. R

    TKR RTKR Oct 19, 2023

    Funny event Yea in this day and age we expect anything to happen If you ever get to cruise you’ll love it. We started with a short 3 day. And when you figure in your food and entertainment being included, it’s quite a value Hubby and I are hooked on cruising
  6. R

    TKR RTKR Oct 19, 2023

    So how did my cruise go? Really good. We didn’t do a lot, mostly rest. But I did do more walking which is a given on a ship I kept my compression stocking on during the day to help alleviate my swelling. And sure enuf, no swelling during the trip. I did do some of my knee exercises but not...
  7. R

    TKR RTKR Oct 19, 2023

    Oh, but sooooo annoying.
  8. R

    TKR RTKR Oct 19, 2023

    The PT I had today managed to get me to 110 flexion. She’s the only one of my therapists who can do that. Also took me down two flights of stairs walking only as comfortable for me and outside to walk on grass to get used to uneven surfaces all without the cane Thinking about releasing me the...
  9. R

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    I was on predni for about six years for what I was told was RA. This turned out to be an mis diagnosis. I just know that it did help my inflammation and thought might help in this case. But I don’t think so
  10. R

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    Certainly giving it a try tonight. Tks
  11. R

    THR Preop anxiety

    @Billray anxiety is expected. But you’ll be fine. My 85 y/o BFF had hip replacement and was back on her feet and so happy the pain was gone And as I have been told by many people, THR is a whole easier than TKR.
  12. R

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    @sistersinhim i never thought about all night icing not so much for pain but I’m trying to get this swelling to go away I do have my ice machine. Might as well put it to full use instead of a couple times a day
  13. R

    TKR RTKR Oct 19, 2023

    @Dmcfad2 sorry I missed your post. We are about the same progression. My unassisted ROM is also 100 and pretty much staying there. I’m in Florida, similar climate too @raylo since this is a marathon not a sprint this is worth a try. But a little scary for me. Especially since my PTs ask if...
  14. R

    TKR RTKR Oct 19, 2023

    Hi there! I do have both the walker and the rollator. Been using the walker (oops rollator) for years. Lol We will be taking the trip and staying on board. O did get canx insurance but it must not have been the ‘any reason’ kind because to cancel I have to get doctors statement, some other...
  15. R

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    Glad it was okay for you. We are caregivers for my mother in law and hubby really wants the get away even if we just stay on board, which it looks like we’re going to do. Our first cruise with a balcony. We’ll be fine Canceling the shore excursions for when I’m better. Jacuzzi…. Here I come...
Back
Top Bottom