Recent content by Robyn1977

  1. Robyn1977

    THR Piriformis help!

    I'm doing a bit better! I started the Celebrex but have had my usual NSAIDs reaction of spending too much time running to the bathroom so I went back to Advil and ice and stretching. I'm trying to be very good about getting up from my desk and walking. It's definitely better than it was two...
  2. Robyn1977

    THR Piriformis help!

    @Josephine and all...I saw my OS yesterday and he was concerned I might have an infection but thankfully that was ruled out!!!!!! WHEW! So I am to try Celebrex and some exercises and stretches for this monster periformis. He said if I have no relief in two weeks I'll go for an MRI. Possibly...
  3. Robyn1977

    THR Piriformis help!

    Thanks so much Josephine! I am seeing my OS ON WEDNESDAY! I am sure willing to try any exercise and snagged a Vicodin for bed this eve. It's awful! I'm scared it's my hip but I don't think it is. This is relentless. Do you know anything about the cortisone injection? Sent from my iPhone...
  4. Robyn1977

    THR Piriformis help!

    Hi. I'm 6 mos post op. Was doing great. Back at work which has me sitting too much and down to PT one day per week. I've managed to walk quite a bit, lots of stairs at work no problem, even Disney rides were great. I'd had annoying piriformis probs but last Saturday after a quick round trip...
  5. Robyn1977

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    12 weeks left THR pretty happy with it!
  6. Robyn1977

    THR Groin Pain Post THR

    As far as pain meds go my OS was concerned about my desire to drastically cut back on my Norco at 6 weeks (this week). He said to keep my ibuprofen at 600 mg every 4-6 hrs and Norco 3xs a day is fine. I need to stop worrying about becoming dependent and be more concerned with being comfortable...
  7. Robyn1977

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Never knew I had a big freckle on my butt till this photo! Haha
  8. Robyn1977

    THR Six weeks post op LTHR and cranky

    Hi Josephine. Yes I have read everything and keep reviewing. I also met with my OS and have started PT three times a week along w some home stretching. I have noticeable improvement already. Slight but noticeable! A little more range of motion and strength.
  9. Robyn1977

    THR Six weeks post op LTHR and cranky

    That's great to hear! I have been doing stretching since the second day w PTs in the hospital and they sent me home with similar ones. I was very surprised but yes apparently all surgeons have different protocol. I'm looking forward to doing more and more!
  10. Robyn1977

    THR Six weeks post op LTHR and cranky

    Right now my PT is walking, walking, walking and I do heel slides and a few other things on my own the Dr gave me instruction sheets for. Tomorrow at my 6 week follow up I'll get much more PT! I'm pretty excited. How about you? My dog is the best! Stays by me all the time. He was a little...
  11. Robyn1977

    THR Six weeks post op LTHR and cranky

    Thanks Critter26516! Ice is my life. My ice machine is so slow that when I first got home we kept running out for extra. How far post op are you?
  12. Robyn1977

    THR Six weeks post op LTHR and cranky

    Had to share how my sweet dog is helping me elevate while I ice!
  13. Robyn1977

    THR Six weeks post op LTHR and cranky

    I understand your concern. And actually my OS did have a THR! He was quite empathic about what I felt like post op and how to describe it. I just looked at the healing time charts and they are quite helpful in seeing what to expect. My problem I feel in walking is I likely do too much at once...
  14. Robyn1977

    THR Six weeks post op LTHR and cranky

    Agh. I wrote a long reply and it disappeared. Thanks for the reply!!! My surgeon has a regimen of waking 2-3 miles per day (not at one time) throughout the day by the sixth week, pain permitting. I average about 2 miles using my cane for support. In my house I generally don't need it. For...
Back
Top Bottom